Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Heck I thought the focus and taurus(especially being a public service vehicle) had just as much sales..I see more of that model around here vs mustang. .

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You can make a new taurus and focus. Ford is mustang, mustang is Ford. You don't hang around for over 50 years without developing that brand recognition. While it may not sell the most cars and might not be as profitible on paper as some of the cars killed, it brings people into dealers and creates brand loyalty. How many mustang buyers own other ford's? I've bought 5 new cars in my life thus far, 3 have been ford's.

Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That and they know we'd all switch to kia stingers :lol:
I saw one the other day in that flat Ceramic Silver color and was quite smitten with it.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I had a neighbor just stop me as I was pulling out in my Mustang and told me to run down to his house, literally right at that moment. He just bought a 1965 Ford Mustang with a 6 cylinder. It was quite fun seeing the style queues transition into the modern one. Even though it was a 6 cylinder, he was still quite excited and it was in great condition. Definitely will get some looks.

Ford would be absolutely crazy to discontinue this regardless of it being on its own platform.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I had a neighbor just stop me as I was pulling out in my Mustang and told me to run down to his house, literally right at that moment. He just bought a 1965 Ford Mustang with a 6 cylinder. It was quite fun seeing the style queues transition into the modern one. Even though it was a 6 cylinder, he was still quite excited and it was in great condition. Definitely will get some looks.

Ford would be absolutely crazy to discontinue this regardless of it being on its own platform.

Most of the early cars were six cylinder. In the early days the V8 mainia hadn’t really started yet so... Man I’m so old I was there for the start. If you get the collecting itch remember most V8s got wrecked. Many of the six cylinders were converted to eight and sold to unsuspecting collectors.

Some sixes are more desirable than the eights. It all depends...

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
You can make a new taurus and focus. Ford is mustang, mustang is Ford. You don't hang around for over 50 years without developing that brand recognition. While it may not sell the most cars and might not be as profitible on paper as some of the cars killed, it brings people into dealers and creates brand loyalty. How many mustang buyers own other ford's? I've bought 5 new cars in my life thus far, 3 have been ford's.
idk about brand loyalty. I am not loyal at all - I buy the whatever is the best bang for the buck. Many people my age do this with everything. Money is tight, we have to make sure we are getting something that will last. I want the absolute best quality, you will not find that at Ford, or really any of the big 3 unfortunately. I have a Mustang now, but I doubt I will in 10 years. I want to be able to buy things that last a lifetime, like my grandparents were able to do. Whomever brings that quality back to America will earn a customer for life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
idk about brand loyalty. I am not loyal at all - I buy the whatever is the best bang for the buck. Many people my age do this with everything. Money is tight, we have to make sure we are getting something that will last. I want the absolute best quality, you will not find that at Ford, or really any of the big 3 unfortunately. I have a Mustang now, but I doubt I will in 10 years. I want to be able to buy things that last a lifetime, like my grandparents were able to do. Whomever brings that quality back to America will earn a customer for life.
You bring up a really important point. With Hyundai and Kia stepping up in their quality space, I think a lot of us are still waiting for the American quality piece to arrive at some point.

One of the reasons my father never went away from Honda. Told me as a kid in the early 90's, "They just don't make cars like the Japanese do". I still find that true to this day and a lot of it has to do with the QA programs that the onshore American workers do for the Japanese cars.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Hyundai and Kia were really terrible back in the 90s too but they made a big turn around.

It was before my day but supposedly Japanese cars were once considered poor quality. But the only Japanese cars I like from a style and drivabilty perspective are Mazdas.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
And it had a spring loaded counter balanced hood, too:D

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)