Sponsored

How not to fit windows on yer Stang

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
So, I got the trim off the car in preparation for getting the window out and refitted correctly. I thought I'd post a pic of what Bristol Street did to my window when they refitted it. It is sitting out too far, too far forward and too low down as can clearly be seen by the way the lower trim cannot sit flat on top of the rear wing panel.

Great!!!
Mustang window.jpg
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Bristol Street:crazy::rant::rant: say no more:)

Post a pic when you’ve got it corrected:thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
More bent than.....................................

That is as straight as a roundabout.

That's about as well lined up as a football crowd.

(Bloody awful is what it is!) Shod job.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, it’s half out. I have removed glass before but have never struggled like this before.

Upon further investigation it appears that Bristol Street have used a ton of tiger to fit it? No wonder it’s sticking out too far!!

If anyone’s interested I’ll keep you all updated on how I do this, it’s not too difficult, especially if your removing factory glass. Hopefully none of you have to this but hey ho, you never know?

As a matter of interest has anyone else noticed the lower trim lifting on the rear quarterlights?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's shocking (but not surprising) :tsk:
Yep!! Funny isn’t it, you would use the acronym “BS” to describe Bristol Street, which I believe is an acronym used for another phrase??

Guess where I’m NOT taking my RS for the head recall??

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
As a matter of interest has anyone else noticed the lower trim lifting on the rear quarterlights?
My trim isn’t flush with the body at the rear of the rear drivers side quarterlight...

Been like this from day one but couldn’t trust BS to put it right so I live with it:)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds painful Nige...FWIW I had success in escalating my complaint with Ford UK (i.e. not through the dealership/franchise). I was very clear that I was unhappy with the level of service from the dealership - even after they had "finished" and I got the car back. I have been liaising with the dealership manager about the whole event. So far Ford have paid for a full machine polish & detail/polymer protection as compensation. I'm also hoping to get a bit of a good will gift from them/Ford UK & the finance payments back for the period I didn't have the car.

Worth a shot mate, we shouldn't have to put up with shitty service, and when we do, we are entitled to some form of compensation.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds painful Nige...FWIW I had success in escalating my complaint with Ford UK (i.e. not through the dealership/franchise). I was very clear that I was unhappy with the level of service from the dealership - even after they had "finished" and I got the car back. I have been liaising with the dealership manager about the whole event. So far Ford have paid for a full machine polish & detail/polymer protection as compensation. I'm also hoping to get a bit of a good will gift from them/Ford UK & the finance payments back for the period I didn't have the car.

Worth a shot mate, we shouldn't have to put up with shitty service, and when we do, we are entitled to some form of compensation.
True words spoken there Kristian..

I had to get in touch with Ford on the second attempt they had at fixing it, that got me the new door. I was also compensated with two free services. The trouble here is no matter what happens, the car will always have to go back to the bodyshop at BS, which is never gonna happen again. If I had a new issue, I'm sure another dealer would pick up the work, but I can't see another dealer putting BS crap workmanship right? That's why I'm doing it myself.. as the saying goes,"If you need something done properly..":frusty:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
True words spoken there Kristian..

I had to get in touch with Ford on the second attempt they had at fixing it, that got me the new door. I was also compensated with two free services. The trouble here is no matter what happens, the car will always have to go back to the bodyshop at BS, which is never gonna happen again. If I had a new issue, I'm sure another dealer would pick up the work, but I can't see another dealer putting BS crap workmanship right? That's why I'm doing it myself.. as the saying goes,"If you need something done properly..":frusty:
Well, if BS have clearly shown that they are incapable and have ballsed it up, then you should have a good case to have it done by someone who knows what they are doing. Not quite the same as my detail work, but the same principle. I would have laughed in their face if the dealership offered to do paint correction work.

As you say, for warranty work we are kind of buggered :( but mine will certainly not go back to Think Ford Guildford, warranty or otherwise.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My trim isn’t flush with the body at the rear of the rear drivers side quarterlight...

Been like this from day one but couldn’t trust BS to put it right so I live with it:)
Same.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I cannot understand why you wouldn’t trust BS to do the work for you???

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is shocking Hinch!! However, that trim looks like it is bonded on with double sided tape? Probably 3M VHB? You should warm it with a hot air gun and using a filler spreader peel it off? Then you could refit it properly. It looks to me like the trim is so far out downwards on the drivers side it is pulling the rubber away from the body at the top rear?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That is shocking Hinch!! However, that trim looks like it is bonded on with double sided tape? Probably 3M VHB? You should warm it with a hot air gun and using a filler spreader peel it off? Then you could refit it properly. It looks to me like the trim is so far out downwards on the drivers side it is pulling the rubber away from the body at the top rear?
its not double sided tape already tried that trick :(

it seems the chrome trim is completely different than the plain black and because its actual metal not just silver coated plastic like they did back in the 70's it make it quite rigid so hard to force.
to me it looks like the entire window just isn't fitted in the hole right but there's no ford bodyshop I trust near by ;) to fix it under warranty and i'm crap with bits like that myself so figured i'd just ignore it for now :)
Sponsored