Sponsored

Trade in Ford with Open Recall?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am set to order but what is holding me back is my current Ford Fusion, it still has airbag recall and remedy not yet available and part not around, even I just got a $30 daily rental coverage fee letter from Ford if I am to rent a car till my remedy is available. It says 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2018 for part,

I tried asking around for if they will take the car for a trade in, but got no answer.
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I traded in my 2014 Mustang GT with the airbag recall. Same situation as you. There was no fix available and none in the future. The dealer gave me a bunch of crap about it, but they still took it. They tried to use it to beat me down on price, but they still took it for what I wanted. Shortly after, I found that they sold it at auction. I would just play dumb and go see what the dealer says when you get it appraised by them. Don't bring it up. Let them bring it up. All in all though, with the number of takata recalls right now, I'm sure there are thousands of cars on the market with open recalls. But state laws may vary. Wasn't a problem here in PA. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in my 2014 Mustang GT with the airbag recall. Same situation as you. There was no fix available and none in the future. The dealer gave me a bunch of crap about it, but they still took it. They tried to use it to beat me down on price, but they still took it for what I wanted. Shortly after, I found that they sold it at auction. I would just play dumb and go see what the dealer says when you get it appraised by them. Don't bring it up. Let them bring it up. All in all though, with the number of takata recalls right now, I'm sure there are thousands of cars on the market with open recalls. But state laws may vary. Wasn't a problem here in PA. Let us know how it turns out.

I guess selling privately or trying to get a price from carmax might be a tough sell for the time being.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Should be a non issue. I traded in my 2015 Focus ST with several open recalls on it. Not airbags but other stupid stuff. Nobody said a word about it. I got an offer from Carmax first and they didn't care either way. I used that offer to have the Ford dealer match, which they did and took the trade in, and they didn't care about the recalls either.
Sponsored