HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It happened to me too! A couple days ago i noticed my AC wasnt blowing cold air.
I have a dash cam wired to my passenger side fuse box with a cable running all the way to the top of my windshield near my rear view mirror. Should i disconnect that before taking it in?
I hate taking my car to the dealer! My car has quite a few mods and my headers hang pretty low. I hope they dont have any crazy speed bumps...
Definitely disconnect/remove any wiring you installed that goes under or thru interior parts. There is a thread about a dealer mangling a hidden wire while removing dash parts. The owner had installed the cable inside the dash. Dealer would not reimburse/replace (it was a proprietary cable only available with purchase of a device) and the forum consensus was that was acceptable since there was no reasonable way the dealer could have known the wire was there. The device manufacturer however helped out and provided a replacement cable.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It happened to me too! A couple days ago i noticed my AC wasnt blowing cold air.
I have a dash cam wired to my passenger side fuse box with a cable running all the way to the top of my windshield near my rear view mirror. Should i disconnect that before taking it in?
I hate taking my car to the dealer! My car has quite a few mods and my headers hang pretty low. I hope they dont have any crazy speed bumps...
I left mine connected and everything was still good when I got it back. Even caught the techs dumping my clutch a couple times :frusty:

spearre1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premimum
I joined the failed evaporator club too. I experienced the same signs as well (warm air out of drivers side vents, cold air from passenger side vents). I’m supposed to get the car back tomorrow. I hope the dash doesn’t rattle as it’s been relatively quiet. 2016 Ecoboost w/performance package.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the my18 cars have a different evaporator?
Just wondering if the problem has been addressed in the new car, and if the new part would be retrofitted to older cars

stonewall386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A fellow mustang owner pointed me in this direction. Glad I'm not the only one... but it's sad to see so many people having this problem.

I've had 2 evaporators replaced already, exactly 1 year apart (August 2016 and 2017, when its really hot). The A/C stopped working again last week and I sent the car into the dealership for what would be a 3rd replacement. Today, they've told me that they couldn't locate a problem and my car is good to go. They evacuated the system and connected it to a vacuum for 45 minutes with no leaks detected. I'm a little concerned about this diagnosis with my warranty coming up soon.

I've had a seat slightly ripped, my fuse box lid damaged, and a slight rattling noise as a result of removing the dash so many times. They're telling me they can't replace any parts unless there is a confirmed failure, per policy. I'm not really sure how to handle this being the first new car I've owned with warranty.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I’d dump it like I did right after the bumper to bumper ended

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
A fellow mustang owner pointed me in this direction. Glad I'm not the only one... but it's sad to see so many people having this problem.

I've had 2 evaporators replaced already, exactly 1 year apart (August 2016 and 2017, when its really hot). The A/C stopped working again last week and I sent the car into the dealership for what would be a 3rd replacement. Today, they've told me that they couldn't locate a problem and my car is good to go. They evacuated the system and connected it to a vacuum for 45 minutes with no leaks detected. I'm a little concerned about this diagnosis with my warranty coming up soon.

I've had a seat slightly ripped, my fuse box lid damaged, and a slight rattling noise as a result of removing the dash so many times. They're telling me they can't replace any parts unless there is a confirmed failure, per policy. I'm not really sure how to handle this being the first new car I've owned with warranty.
Have you tried going to a different dealership?

VinsanityGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic
Just brought mine into the dealership and service rep said “Yeah it’s probably the evaporator.” After talking with him for a bit, he stated that they have a new casing for the evaporator and they “will probably recall it if it works.” Not sure if that’s been stated in the previous 50 pages of this thread or not so there’s that.

Also since it’s a nice, wintery 40 degrees here in Florida, they’ve decided to wait until it warms up before yanking the dash out. Stay tuned.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Just brought mine into the dealership and service rep said “Yeah it’s probably the evaporator.” After talking with him for a bit, he stated that they have a new casing for the evaporator and they “will probably recall it if it works.” Not sure if that’s been stated in the previous 50 pages of this thread or not so there’s that.

Also since it’s a nice, wintery 40 degrees here in Florida, they’ve decided to wait until it warms up before yanking the dash out. Stay tuned.
how long will it take for the weather to warm up? the sooner you get it replaced the better because the clock is ticking on the warranty should this one die in the future.

Sponsored

VinsanityGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic
how long will it take for the weather to warm up? the sooner you get it replaced the better because the clock is ticking on the warranty should this one die in the future.
Suppose to be mid 70s to 80 throughout next week when the part comes in, said they’d do it then.

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Mine is showing signs of different temp air coming from driver/pass vents too. I also have noise coming from the engine like a bad alt but probably the compressor...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I am mad! I had my A/C evaporator replaced 5 months ago and my aircon stopped working again. I made an appointment and taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis, but I know that I will have to go through the same hassle again... This is ridiculous :mad:

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I am mad! I had my A/C evaporator replaced 5 months ago and my aircon stopped working again. I made an appointment and taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis, but I know that I will have to go through the same hassle again... This is ridiculous :mad:
Super lame man. Probably going into the first round of this crap soon...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
This seems to be a vicious cycle with these cars. Crap!
Sponsored