772?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Speed phenom on youtube has been saying that lately. Nobody in the know is talking. Everything is pure speculation. This whole guessing game is getting old.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I posted this in another thread:

apparently Mike Levine says the dash shot does have "easter eggs"

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...mustang-shelby-gt500-come-with-772-horsepower

so maybe this could be an Easter Egg. the thermostat is 136 could be the 1/4 mile MPH. that would calculate out to a 772hp car at 4100 lbs.
This makes much more sense than a low 700 number. Specifically if the car is going to be over 4000 pounds. Even then, 772 at over 4K isn't outrageous, but certainly better than 710 or 720.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'll take a stab at the others. 17 PSI boost (even though it looks 17.5)
240 top speed in top gear (theoretical)
84= 84k price of R model, 74 3= 74..3k for standard model
3200 (rpm) or 3.2, this may be the 0-60 time.
all just speculation of course.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I don’t remember who was it, but someone else put “an alternative” to the 772 of that image.

It can also mean “7Speed 720HP” just saying...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
IMO ford wouldn't put out an Easter egg with partial numbers.
they would find a spot, like a radio station or make it a degrees symbol, like 72.0

I think your gonna be wrong on the HP, just sayin. it may be the 743 or 772.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
IMO ford wouldn't put out an Easter egg with partial numbers.
they would find a spot, like a radio station or make it a degrees symbol, like 72.0

I think your gonna be wrong on the HP, just sayin. it may be the 743 or 772.
Unless they changed something in the last months, it will be in the lower end of 700’s. I heard something about a mid 700’s tho, so the “743” I also see it possible, but not likely.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I fully expect, not even your brothers friend to tell your brother what is EXACTLY coming, especially when it is still in certification process.

I know when I was in my last engineering position, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement with my company. I was in some deep shit if they found out it was me that leaked info. If your brothers friend is a smart man, he wouldn't have leaked info, therefore I think your numbers are off. Just sayin man, just sayin.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I fully expect, not even your brothers friend to tell your brother what is EXACTLY coming, especially when it is still in certification process.

I know when I was in my last engineering position, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement with my company. I was in some deep shit if they found out it was me that leaked info. If your brothers friend is a smart man, he wouldn't have leaked info, therefore I think your numbers are off. Just sayin man, just sayin.
Agree, that's something serious. I hope farruko is wrong and this GT500 ends up being a high700's monster.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have a hard time believing.
1) That the dude from shelby would over exaggerate the + symbol in that video, You don't drag the plus on or even really go out of your way to mention it again, if its "only" 720. He goes out of his way to say, keep in mind...plusssss... and he moves his hand way out. You don't move your hand way out for 720.
2) first easter egg a couple years ago was for 755hp. I think this was when they were first testing it and getting a feel for the aluminum block. So they threw out this number as a target base
3) a new number comes along and its 772, now this is a little tricky to understand why it changed. I'm gonna just go on a hunch here and say that the CGI block is what gave them better durability and thus were able to punch out additional power.
This is all just speculation but I don't see why they would throw out these dash shots if they weren't of use, especially since the first dash shot of the 455 was the target and was confirmed by Laveign as in fact "easter eggs"

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
And not everything has to be commented on. If you don't like the thread, stay out of it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm just tired of the long wait and being strung along.
Sponsored