Sponsored

Another Predator Engine Pic

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I don’t mean to kill the vibe, but if you hope for those 700+HP to be at the wheels you will be truly disappointed. The numbers are at the crank. Nevertheless it will be an amazing machine and it will have the same transmission than the ME Corvette.

It will be fast indeed and it will put that power down for sure (unlike the hellcats).
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You guys aren't calculating the driveline loss correctly (talking just the math, not the loss % or RWHP of the engine):

710RWHP @ 12% loss = ~807HP

You have to figure what number was reduced by 12%, i.e., 710 / 0.88 = 806.8

(806.8 - 12% = ~710)

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
:tsk::rant:Why even come out with a motor with less hp than the demon?makes no sense.
Because the Demon is a complete one-trick pony. You don't need to beat the Demon at the drag strip, because it's going to be damn near impossible to compete with AWD, a factory drag suspension, and 315-width Nittos at all four corners.

The Demon can't turn. Period.

The GT500 isn't going to be the nimble bitch that the GT350/R is, but I'm sure it'll out-corner the Demon. If it slots between the ZL1/Hellcat and the Demon, that's fine.

JR

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Because the Demon is a complete one-trick pony. You don't need to beat the Demon at the drag strip, because it's going to be damn near impossible to compete with AWD, a factory drag suspension, and 315-width Nittos at all four corners.

The Demon can't turn. Period.

The GT500 isn't going to be the nimble bitch that the GT350/R is, but I'm sure it'll out-corner the Demon. If it slots between the ZL1/Hellcat and the Demon, that's fine.

JR
The Demon is not AWD..... but I agree with you, the reason the GT500 is not going against the Demon is because it's useless to go after a car that is good doing only one thing: Drag Race.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I don’t mean to kill the vibe, but if you hope for those 700+HP to be at the wheels you will be truly disappointed. The numbers are at the crank. Nevertheless it will be an amazing machine and it will have the same transmission than the ME Corvette.

It will be fast indeed and it will put that power down for sure (unlike the hellcats).
Same as in DCT? Or SAME trans? Are you implying they would do a transaxle? That would add weight, but it would dramatically help balance and put power down

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

regardless, I don't think ford even knows what they are going to release. like I said, if you are saying 720, I'll add another 30 to it for good measure. I think it will be in the 750 area when it's all said and done.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Same as in DCT? Or SAME trans? Are you implying they would do a transaxle?
That Tremec DCT is available for both transaxle and RWD platforms; it’s a modular transmission.

regardless, I don't think ford even knows what they are going to release. like I said, if you are saying 720, I'll add another 30 to it for good measure. I think it will be in the 750 area when it's all said and done.
It’s not that easy to just add another 30 to it, if they choose to drop the numbers to the lower 700’s they have a very good reason to do it. They do know what they are going to release, they are working on it FFS :lol: hahaha... nah, all jokes aside they have an specific HP target right know (in the low 700’s) but they announced it like “700+ HP” in case they don’t even reach those target numbers.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I understand that, that’s why I was trying to get clarification on the same or exact same.
I know as a fact that the ME Corvette will use the TR-9007 DCT7 (and most likely the new Z28) and it make sense that the GT500 will use the same one built at the new Wixom Plant (which also explains the delay of the car).

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I know as a fact that the ME Corvette will use the TR-9007 DCT7 (and most likely the new Z28) and it make sense that the GT500 will use the same one built at the new Wixom Plant (which also explains the delay of the car).
ME vette well most likely get it in a transaxle version. Supposedly GM has already 30k transmissions! Is there likely a Z28 coming? Chevy said they only wanted to do it with a NA engine...

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That Tremec DCT is available for both transaxle and RWD platforms; it’s a modular transmission.

It’s not that easy to just add another 30 to it, if they choose to drop the numbers to the lower 700’s they have a very good reason to do it. They do know what they are going to release, they are working on it FFS :lol: hahaha... nah, all jokes aside they have an specific HP target right know (in the low 700’s) but they announced it like “700+ HP” in case they don’t even reach those target numbers.
projected can mean - or +, I'm gonna guess plus 50, regardless of what your brothers friend is telling you, it's not set in stone.
I have reason to trust others on this forum, as they have inside connections as well, so, I'll keep my speculation meter on high until a day or two until order banks open.
I remember the Raptor, HP and torque Specs came practically when order banks opened, which were lower than what I was hoping for.
I may be a gluten for punishment, but I'll keep my guess 750 regardless of your brothers friends info.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
projected can mean - or +, I'm gonna guess plus 50, regardless of what your brothers friend is telling you, it's not set in stone.
I have reason to trust others on this forum, as they have inside connections as well, so, I'll keep my speculation meter on high until a day or two until order banks open.
I remember the Raptor, HP and torque Specs came practically when order banks opened, which were lower than what I was hoping for.
I may be a gluten for punishment, but I'll keep my guess 750 regardless of your brothers friends info.
Projected is 700+ but they have a Target number which is the most accurate “final number” (In case they can reach it). Let’s put an example:

I want my engine to be 999HP but after years (yes, they have been working on it since 2015) of developing the engine I see that the the highest number that I can get (while complying with durability, emissions, fuel economy, etc) is 950HP I will announce it like a 900+ Engine so I have room in case I don’t reach the 950HP and instead get something like 940-945HP.

It’s the same thing with the GT500. They had a target and right now (after years of testing) they have a number (which is not close to 750HP), so they announce it as a 700+ engine.

Unless they make a significant change to the engine (and with that, delay then whole launch AGAIN) the numbers are almost final with a margin of error of +-10HP TOPS.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Projected is 700+ but they have a Target number which is the most accurate “final number” (In case they can reach it). Let’s put an example:

I want my engine to be 999HP but after years (yes, they have been working on it since 2015) of developing the engine I see that the the highest number that I can get (while complying with durability, emissions, fuel economy, etc) is 950HP I will announce it like a 900+ Engine so I have room in case I don’t reach the 950HP and instead get something like 940-945HP.

It’s the same thing with the GT500. They had a target and right now (after years of testing) they have a number (which is not close to 750HP), so they announce it as a 700+ engine.

Unless they make a significant change to the engine (and with that, delay then whole launch AGAIN) the numbers are almost final with a margin of error of +-10HP TOPS.
like I said, I'll put in a bid for 750. I may be wrong, but that's my guess. sorry if it hurts your feelings if I like to have an opinion. An insider here was saying DCT long before you were here and also put in a vote at 800+ HP. it may not have passed durrabilty at those levels, but it was being tested there not a very long time ago.
I'll keep my bid for 750, regardless of your info. you may be right on but I like to shoot with higher expectations. 25HP is rather negligible in the scheme of things. I'm thinking the DCT will make up for a lot of the lost 25hp times

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
If they wanted 800 hp then why didn't they use a bigger motor? I guess ford wanted to save money using the 5.2 cpc. Possibly use Whipple instead of Eaton? Lastly twin turbo? I still can't believe we waited this long and possibly 16 more months for a parts bin gt500. The adm will be icing on the cake
Sponsored