Another Predator Engine Pic

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Actually, dynos don't measure HP, they measure torque and calculate HP.
Exactly... also, you can just “move the settings” (parasitic lost) of a rollers dyno so you can get more HP than it really has
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Don’t expect an electric motor in any mustang before 2020CY.

When I was researching that, I got a guy on Facebook that works for ford who actually did just that in a 5.0 test mule, but that was about 1.5 months ago. My guess is that its the next one coming.
Either way, I'm hearing its INCREDIBLE, well... 700HP isn't incredible, throw in a DCT and its getting there...there is something missing I think, so yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

;) :ninja:
I'm thinking they simply won't electrify the 500 after 1-2 years of production, burning the initial buyers. So if it's not on this then I can't see it happening until the next one comes along in 2025/6. Obviously the Mach1 is where we'd see such tech in S650.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I'm thinking they simply won't electrify the 500 after 1-2 years of production, burning the initial buyers. So if it's not on this then I can't see it happening until the next one comes along in 2025/6. Obviously the Mach1 is where we'd see such tech in S650.
The Mach1 Mustang is not happening... it will be a SUV :c

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The Mach1 Mustang is not happening... it will be a SUV :c
Not even Ford is sure what is happening on this front. The initial news that broke was it was an SUV via Mike Levine. Turned out to be a toe in the water exercise to see peoples' reactions. What I saw were two cars going into a factory that was getting electrocuted by lightning. Both those cars are based off the C/D6 platform, which is more of a modular platform. The point is they're flexible enough to do whatever they want.

The other interpretation of that promo is if they produce something like SUV/Coupe, ala BMW X6. This would also be a great move. Hackett isn't the only one thinking like this - Mercedes of also just announced they will further increase their SUV range.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Not even Ford is sure what is happening on this front. The initial news that broke was it was an SUV via Mike Levine. Turned out to be a toe in the water exercise to see peoples' reactions. What I saw were two cars going into a factory that was getting electrocuted by lightning. Both those cars are based off the C/D6 platform, which is more of a modular platform. The point is they're flexible enough to do whatever they want.
The Mustang is running under the “S-based” Platform while the current Explorer is a under a “D3-based” platform.... so nope, nothing between the two (unless you mean the NEW models under the CD6).

The other interpretation of that promo is if they produce something like SUV/Coupe, ala BMW X6. This would also be a great move. Hackett isn't the only one thinking like this - Mercedes of also just announced they will further increase their SUV range.
Sadly that’s what they are planning (a crossover based on the mustang)

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The Mustang is running under the “S-based” Platform while the current Explorer is a under a “D3-based” platform.... so nope, nothing between the two (unless you mean the NEW models under the CD6).
Yeah referring to next gen, due within a few years.

Nameless said:
Sadly that’s what they are planning (a crossover based on the mustang)
I don't see a negative in that when it could turn out to be a success and help justify that platform's future feasibility, which the Mustang is based off.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
So basically an Alluminator 5.2 XS with an upside down 2.6 TVS .Probably lower CR .?
Hmmmm .May be I will just build one(may be with gen 5 whipple) rather than wait 18 months .
Right.

So the question here is who wants to sell me a whipple (new) at a great price - for my '17 GT

:shrug::headbang::)

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Right.

So the question here is who wants to sell me a whipple (new) at a great price - for my '17 GT

:shrug::headbang::)
Being that we're they're largest US distributor I'm sure we can make it work for you. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm wondering how good the drag mode will be with the DCT.
that's my biggest concern.
I know it's geared to the track...but... 4100lbs... just sayin.

Sounds like Chevy may go the drag pack route, maybe sooner than later and Dodge boys are upgrading the hellcat for '19 with more HP and a few demon traits.
gonna be interesting to see how ford stacks up in the pile of options from the big 3...and that ME vette, that's the one that gets my juices flowing. next year can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sounds like Chevy may go the drag pack route, maybe sooner than later and Dodge boys are upgrading the hellcat for '19 with more HP and a few demon traits.
gonna be interesting to see how ford stacks up in the pile of options from the big 3...and that ME vette, that's the one that gets my juices flowing. next year can't come soon enough.
If it’s anything like the drag mode on the 10R80 it’s going to be bad ass.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

Figures.......Ford had a Great chance to offer a "Drag Pack" with the S197's last model year run.
Should've debuted the S550 with this option.
Still should offer this option. :ford: