Sponsored

How much you think the 2019 shellby gt 500 go for?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Remember the 2014 GT500 only had a base price of $55,445 officially. It was a lot of hp at 662hp for $55k starting price.

A sub $70k MSRP base price would not be out of bounds at all. With the 350R MSRP at $61,295 I can completely see it advertised starting in the high 60s.

Probably get into one in the mid 70s (not counting ADM)

The biggest problem these days is the GT motor is so strong that slapping a blower on it can get you 700hp easily for basically $10k over the cost of a GT. Heck the Stage 1 Roush on the 2018 GT is making 700hp no problem. The whipple 3.0 is pushing 755-800hp for $7600 (under or about $10k installed)

Other than the shelby/cobra name and demand, its a tough sale these days; like the Shelby Super Snake currently at $100k+ that offers very little above what you can build for far less. Paying $100k plus for a marked up ADM car just doent make sense anymore when you can slap a blower on a GT for far far less money.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Remember the 2014 GT500 only had a base price of $55,445 officially. It was a lot of hp at 662hp for $55k starting price.

A sub $70k MSRP base price would not be out of bounds at all. With the 350R MSRP at $61,295 I can completely see it advertised starting in the high 60s.

Good post. In my opinion a blown 5.2 is much simpler from an engineering standpoint than the Voodoo engine was, but the DCT will probably cost more - even though the GT350 transmission required all new components.

I would think if there are two versions one might be below $60k. If all there is to the GT500 is a powerful engine with a DCT, it certainly shouldn't cost more than $70k. If there are some additional hybrid tricks or something else very unusual that might justify a slightly higher price, but mid 70s seems to me the highest the price could go even if there are some surprising additions to the car.

Now based on all the Voodoo ADM nonsense it's possible Ford will hike the price up. I just don't see the car's features causing the price to be as high as some are speculating, though.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just remembered/realized the gas guzzler might be around 2K. Used might be in the cards for me. The dealer tried to double dip on that when my MSRP had gas tax included. They stopped doing that on 2017 GT350 I believe.
:cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

The biggest problem these days is the GT motor is so strong that slapping a blower on it can get you 700hp easily for basically $10k over the cost of a GT. Heck the Stage 1 Roush on the 2018 GT is making 700hp no problem. The whipple 3.0 is pushing 755-800hp for $7600 (under or about $10k installed)

Other than the shelby/cobra name and demand, its a tough sale these days; like the Shelby Super Snake currently at $100k+ that offers very little above what you can build for far less. Paying $100k plus for a marked up ADM car just doent make sense anymore when you can slap a blower on a GT for far far less money.
Well put. I don’t think they will be much over $70K to start, if they even are.

However, these things will be ADM hell all over again. Even though I love my lowly GT, not long after I got it I had some regrets of not waiting for the GT350 and wanted one in the worst way. Or I thought I did. The ADMs put a stop to that notion, as I refused to pay one. Once the AMDs stopped, the cost delta to trade was too much for my stingy ass.

Which brings me to your last points. After having an early GT500 and being too much of a tightwad to spring for a GT350, I think I’m over having that vaunted name on the decklid. Plus I’ve already got a pristine ~5,500 mile GT with plenty of upgrades that’s mine free and clear. Hmmm. It would seem that a Hellion turbo setup would scratch the power deficit itch.

It's no “Shelby” (I've never really considered the Ford-built Shelbys as real ones, sorry), but I’ve always preferred a sleeper. ;)

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After knowing the new changes to the 2019 GT350, which I expect to push it to high 60's, the GT500 will should be around low 80's. 100K with ADMs for the first year. If its the same color as the Jay (Jerk) Leno gets, it will be 125K (Koons Ford).

Then again, both have never existed together before unless you count Shelby GT.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's no “Shelby” (I've never really considered the Ford-built Shelbys as real ones, sorry), but I’ve always preferred a sleeper. ;)
IMO the Ford Shelbys may or may not be real, but as someone once said "the name doesn't make the car, the car makes the name." (or something like that) ;)

I think the Ford designed and built Shelbys are plenty good enough to be special.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
IMO the Ford Shelbys may or may not be real, but as someone once said "the name doesn't make the car, the car makes the name." (or something like that) ;)

I think the Ford designed and built Shelbys are plenty good enough to be special.
Currently, IMO Ford is doing better than Shelby America. We got the "Shelby" GT350. The best mustang ever built...so far.

CS is passed, so in reality, there would be no real Shelbys again. I am just happy to be living in these times having the dollars.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Currently, IMO Ford is doing better than Shelby America. We got the "Shelby" GT350. The best mustang ever built...so far.

CS is passed, so in reality, there would be no real Shelbys again. I am just happy to be living in these times having the dollars.

So, there are no Harley Davidsons?

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
At 80-90k, I'd rather spend my money on a slightly used CPO 911.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm just hoping they keep the pricing in the ZL1-Hellcat range. I'm selling my race car to get the GT500. But if it starts at some crazy number like 75K. I'll be just fine with a Hellcat that I can get for 60K!

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I'm just hoping they keep the pricing in the ZL1-Hellcat range. I'm selling my race car to get the GT500. But if it starts at some crazy number like 75K. I'll be just fine with a Hellcat that I can get for 60K!
I think the starting number will be fine the probably is if you don’t have a hook up the dealer ADMs are going to be ridiculous

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
At 80-90k, I'd rather spend my money on a slightly used CPO 911.
I think it will be lower, but IF i had the money, i would be driving in a GT500 before a 911. I guess that's just who i am.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Hellcat here 2016, 7500 miles 54,000 $ ~ :ford::ford::ford::ford:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Well... the Hellcat Widebody with the 8speed Auto starts at 75K....
ASSDF.JPG

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So, there are no Harley Davidsons?
Googled it and found lots of HD teddy bears for sale. Also see HD filed bankruptcy this year and closed a lot of plants. So, I guess Harley is alive and well. Who knew!
Sponsored