Sponsored

How much you think the 2019 shellby gt 500 go for?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^
This
With a bit of simple calculations tho, one can guess it within 5K.
For the R version it will be up there. Think of an R, 69K. add a supercharger (8K) DCT (6k) plus extra carbon bits maybe 4K. Its 87K range for the R. For base with manual subtract a healthy dose = 10K, base is gonna run around 75K, even less if no carbon rims, which I don't think will be standard.
It all depends on what is offered and nobody really knows that yet.
Just simple math.
Then how will they compete with the 1LE? It seems that everything revolves around best price for performance.

Edited to add: Let me expand on that.... why would anyone buy a GT500 if they can get similar performance for a LOT less money?

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to pay, but all along Ford has always been competitive in pricing and performance. Now a '19 ZR1 Vette slayer???? That kind of pricing would make sense.
Sponsored

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Because you will enjoy driving the car more? Because it will beat it? Because it will be fast as hell, more than just on a track, but on a strip too.

I know why I would buy it over the camaro, and I know why many others would to, because its Ford and there are a lot of Ford buyers out there that DONT cross over. Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking about the ME vette, and for good reason. BUT, I would gladly spend 10K over for all it will be not to mention the carbon rims etc.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unless you know something (and knowing you, you probably do), this is all speculation and conversation. I am really looking forward to the reveal coming up very soon. So much is riding on it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Unless you know something (and knowing you, you probably do), this is all speculation and conversation. I am really looking forward to the reveal coming up very soon. So much is riding on it.
Hopefully its next week... but I'm sure they are probably working to put some final numbers on it.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I just want to see what she looks like! I feel pretty confident the numbers will be more than adequate!!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Semi thread derailment, but I'm not certain, it sounds like maybe next month? I hope I'm wrong.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Please elaborate if you can!
me? I don't know anything. I'm just going by what a guy posted on another forum. be said not to go to the NAIAS but I suppose it could still mean it gets announced that time frame that revolution stated and that article a Day or two before the show. I'm just as excited as you, I just can't to rattled after I seen his post a couple weeks ago.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hope you know you just pooped on my weekend lol!
sorry man, it could be the 11th.
gonna guess it's all other stuff and GT500 is next month. still that gives us another month to speculate and squirm...
I'm getting antsy...have been since even before the leaks.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I think it comes down to how they option it or allow us to option it. Keep the base pricing around the ZL1/Challenger Hellcat level. So I'm guessing $65k to $75k.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I know you are going crazy like me to see it! It is fun all the speculation but I'm damn ready to see her and get one ordered!! Next month is better than next year!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think it comes down to how they option it or allow us to option it. Keep the base pricing around the ZL1/Challenger Hellcat level. So I'm guessing $65k to $75k.
^I'm with this guy.
But, I think it will be more in the 70K+ range. Then add in your ADM, which I bet 90% of them will have, you're looking close to 100K.
Look at all the GT350R cars that are/were at 100K as an indication.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't believe they'd overshadow the Bullitt. February makes better sense.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Man are there really that many folks amped up over the Bullitt?!? Maybe I'm not old enough or not Mustang savvy enough! But the whole Bullitt thing is so hokey? That they would put the GT500 reveal off for a movie car appearance package blows my mind!
Sponsored