2018 Shelby GT500 Renders

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like it, don't love it. The 'whisker' airfoil intakes don't do it for me. Get them off the bumper front and I'll take it, although it does look like the mouth of the 'preditor'.
We were told wing is larger, so I like that. That wing would be fine with me, just raise it another 3"

Edit: and just a thought by the quick look. I expect to see more venting than that picture. That wont be enough.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That hood won't work, but I like that direction.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The tacked on black plastic is played out now. It’s been a thing for nearly three years. Lets let it go.

Time to get some refinement back into the exterior design.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The tacked on black plastic is played out now. It’s been a thing for nearly three years. Lets let it go.

Time to get some refinement back into the exterior design.
I'm with you brother that stuff is just to hard to keep looking good

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
2019 Shelby GT500 Does Exist !!!

Dear Darkane ~ Well as I previously stated and contrary to your statement the 2019 Shelby GT500 is real as per Ford's announcement at this weeks Detroit Auto Show :ford:

Just Sayin :first:

Jubilee is not a good example and doesn’t actually fit your model.

They’re actually a fairly large dealership and the only SVT dealer servicing Saskatoon and area. One of two in Saskatchewan I think.

I purchased an R there, and they were fair.

Now, the season and the fiber of person who comes from Saskatchewan is a lot different than Alberta or BC. They have winter even longer than Alberta and three times longer than BC. Also farmers don’t tend to drive Shelby’s.

And although you say you’ve ordered a 500R (which doesn’t exist) I wouldn’t be telling people that. It is false.

Also, I feel for your surgery please do some research on the Gat Goran procedure. I think you might be a poor candidate but they’re leaders in the field.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Dear Darkane ~ Well as I previously stated and contrary to your statement the 2019 Shelby GT500 is real as per Ford's announcement at this weeks Detroit Auto Show :ford:

Just Sayin :first:
The point I was trying to get across was dealers can’t allows orders or deposits on vehicles that don’t exist. At the time your dealer gave you a “Right of first refusal”.

But I digress, enjoy your new ride when it arrives. Earliest estimates from today are 15-16 months.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The point I was trying to get across was dealers can’t allows orders or deposits on vehicles that don’t exist. At the time your dealer gave you a “Right of first refusal”.

But I digress, enjoy your new ride when it arrives. Earliest estimates from today are 15-16 months.
I had a deposit down before the 500 was announced. It was not a big deal, everyone knew it was coming.

Just sayin'

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the video released by Ford for the 2019 GT500 there are two things that seriously bother me;
1. The front grill looks like a Lexus with the all black design. This makes the front end featureless and is a gaping Black Hole. Soooooo UGLY and soooooo dated.
2. No air ducts in front of the back wheels. Is this a Track Car or a pretend Track Car ???

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Looking at the video released by Ford for the 2019 GT500 there are two things that seriously bother me;
1. The front grill looks like a Lexus with the all black design. This makes the front end featureless and is a gaping Black Hole. Soooooo UGLY and soooooo dated.
2. No air ducts in front of the back wheels. Is this a Track Car or a pretend Track Car ???
It is not terribly original but it most certainly looks nothing like a Lexus. Why would you want ducts in front of the rear wheels? The engine is in the front as are all the coolers.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is not terribly original but it most certainly looks nothing like a Lexus. Why would you want ducts in front of the rear wheels? The engine is in the front as are all the coolers.

picture.jpg

I think they look similar with the big black open mouth and angular edges surrounding it and the Mustang came later so I would call it derivative.

Sponsored

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing like a LEXUS ????????
Seriously are you kidding me !!!
The Black Hole grill is just like a LEXUS and your photos prove it. That is soooooo UGLY and sooooooo yesterday !!!!!!
The middle bar needs to be painted ( white in the above photo )
From the side the car look mediocre at best. Add air scopes in front of the back wheels and it will look like a real race car. also the braces for the back spoiler look cheap. The GT350R spoiler looks MUCH better !!!!

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
Allow me to collaborate with this beauty.
I have to retouch it even more to make it look more real but the idea itself
shelby_mustang_gt500rr_2019_2020_by_jhonconnor-dcj0bxr.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

I think they look similar with the big black open mouth and angular edges surrounding it and the Mustang came later so I would call it derivative.
I really do hope the GT500 gets both front (like GT350 and that render) as well as dedicated rear fenders - it really needs a little more differentiation, plus being able to run an OEM spec rear 19/20 x 11.5-12 wheel with a 315-325 sized tire would be __swell__.
Sponsored