Sponsored

Funny Conversation with a Scammer

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
So my Mustang is up for sale on a few different platforms including this forum. I really don’t want to at all but my wife is going back to Graduate school and if I sell it she can work part time through school. I have already made her promise that if I sell it she will have to buy me another one, only better, after she graduates.

Anyway, I’ve had a few scammers show interest.

This one called me first, then started texting. All I did was google the website they provided and red flags start popping up. Be careful with your info people. However I thought some of y’all might find the exchange amusing. I’m sure they didn’t appreciate me replying before 5 am, either.

IMG_2757.png

IMG_2758.png

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.png
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Dang!

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
HAHHHAAA!

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Love it!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
So savage... you are indirectly being savage! :lol:

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Good move brother.

Be safe.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Love it, turns a bad day into an amusing one.

Edit: I keep pressing your Apple Pay app but nothing happens, lmao.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I keep Ball Python Morphs, and I sell the babies to pay for my hobby. Actually bought my Boss with some snake money. There was a guy who went to a parking lot to sell some snakes and got shot. Dude got away with the snakes and kept the money....cannot remember if he stole the car too?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What’s the scam here via that website?
I’m not questioning that this was a scammer, it definitely was, I’m just not familiar with this one. :) I know about the paypal ones. That website gets hit as “likely scam” via scam-checking websites.

Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
I used to as a hobby email the scam craigslist posts selling cars and just make them waste their time for a couple of days.

If you've never read a site called " Don't Even Reply", take a look at it. Some funny stuff messing with for sales ads on craigslist.

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
What’s the scam here via that website?
I’m not questioning that this was a scammer, it definitely was, I’m just not familiar with this one. :) I know about the paypal ones. That website gets hit as “likely scam” via scam-checking websites.
I’m not entirely sure to be honest. But with my VIN and other pertinent info, I’m sure someone creative can cause a problem. The funny part is I thought I recognized the email that was given. I searched my email history on the laptop, and sure enough, they tried to get me on a 1966 Plymouth Satellite I had for sale awhile back. Same request for info, different website. I was the documented second owner, numbers matching car, and they wanted a “Carfax” type document. I lol’d.

I used to as a hobby email the scam craigslist posts selling cars and just make them waste their time for a couple of days.

If you've never read a site called " Don't Even Reply", take a look at it. Some funny stuff messing with for sales ads on craigslist.
I’ve bought and sold a few cars in the last few years. The scammers are crazy. When I’m sure I’m talking with a scammer, I’ll set up a meet somewhere and never show. Makes me giggle. Just the thought of some jackass sitting in a Walmart parking lot wondering when I’ll get there makes me laugh.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
LOL I always have people meet me at the PD or in town while I'm working. Love the look on their face when I show up, the BS quickly goes away and we can get down to business.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Does anyone have an old VIN to try? Went to the webpage it's seems real and registered in Miami. Doesn't seem like a scam to me unless after hitting submit you get hassled for credit or personal info...

OP
OP
Brando

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Does anyone have an old VIN to try? Went to the webpage it's seems real and registered in Miami. Doesn't seem like a scam to me unless after hitting submit you get hassled for credit or personal info...
I’m no internet ninja but when I googled it I got a ton of consumer website warnings. I’ll pass. Like I said, I had actually had a very similar exchange with someone with a different name but the same email address with a car a had for sale about two years ago.
Sponsored