Sponsored

2019 GT500 Caught Benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
9.87 in the quarter is amazing-land but not a terribly pleasant course drive, unless, unless it has a torque-vectoring mode that can disengage with the drag mode.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like to think in have a pretty decent idea of the ballpark.

Your point is well taken.

My point is that it's not impossible. And though it will cost, such can be mitigated and amortized. Ultimately the SC is the cheaper route. That's a given. The TT is clearly the more ambitious route. Either way we are looking at a killer "Pony Car" that outgrows such nomenclature. We could have A V8 TT.

It's more a question of how much does Ford want to strategically push the 550 before the 650 is out.
All valid points. None of it is impossible. Amortization requires volume or transaction price increase. There is a threshold of pain for base MSRP that will push people away and into other brands. I have no idea what they think that is, but hopefully they know and get it right. They seem to be flirting with that heavily with the new Mustang GT and its options strategy.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Its on the MT site. Click on the photos. Youll know the dash when you see it.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-starts-26485/

BmicIL noted in another thread the demons time would be faster because its on DRs and has a stall converter. This however WOULD be an excellent time if true, which im leaning toward believing. Its not like those wide 325 MPSS'S dont grab... especially with a well tuned suspension and DCT.
Found it! I didn't see that one before when I went through them. They'll be using the new MPSS 4s and I'm sure optional (maybe standard) sport cup 2's and those tires are damn good.
IMG_2020.JPG

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Found it! I didn't see that one before when I went through them. They'll be using the new MPSS 4s and I'm sure optional (maybe standard) sport cup 2's and those tires are damn good.
I doubt anything less than SC2's.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
9.87 in the quarter is amazing-land but not a terribly pleasant course drive, unless, unless it has a torque-vectoring mode that can disengage with the drag mode.
You know they'll have multiple modes and drag strip will be one of them. I was thinking the same though maybe rear wheel steering with torque-vectoring. Maybe?

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Would be nice to get the latest MP4S on it. Something that holds up to more than one day with the new beast, but also has plenty of bite. Im sure they use the magic of the DCT and skip shift to put that power down most efficiently.
For 9.87 the thing would need closer to 900 HP which would be way over estimates.

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That is certainly an interesting Easter egg... and one that would not be consistent with the 755hp prior Easter egg.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah definitely more the former, but turned up to 12. Exceptionally competent handling, but not a track weapon as it's main purpose. All around FAST everywhere all the time. ZL1, 911 Turbo, GT-R...you get the idea.
That's not what the history of gt500s are. Incase you didn't know. You want a vette or viper performance, you buy cars in that bracket. The gt500 is not for those people. Why must so many people make it something it's not. If Chevy wants to bastardize the history of their badges and what they used to always mean, let them.
BINGO!!!
Thank you. Great posts here. :thumbsup:

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
FORD, PLEASE TEST THIS IN HOTTER CLIMATES!

GT3 destroys vettes in Texas summer heat.

Please make sure this will hang with a 6 x 30 min session at MSR Cresson, MSR Houston, Harris Hill, Driveway Austin, etc.
Hit up Uvalde PG, Fort Stockton PG etc soon to get your real thermal test.

Nevermind testing at COTA and TWS, the fast course and long straights give a failed sense of cooling system capacity.
This! Plus an added benefit is they can drive 30 miles north to Leakey and hit up the Three Sisters (AKA: The Twisted Sisters) for some corner carving! :thumbsup:

Rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Guys I think you are missing the obvious. It's going to the same engine and dual clutch transmission that is in the new Ford GT. It will also have some light weight carbon fiber body panels that is why they are benchmarking the Porsche GT3. I expect weight to come in around 3300 lbs also. It will be consider d the poor man's Ford GT and be almost as fast.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I think you are missing the obvious. It's going to the same engine and dual clutch transmission that is in the new Ford GT. It will also have some light weight carbon fiber body panels that is why they are benchmarking the Porsche GT3. I expect weight to come in around 3300 lbs also. It will be consider d the poor man's Ford GT and be almost as fast.
You forgot quadruple turbo compounding!

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Engine amd trans from the GT!? I never thought of it that way but the more i do think about it the more i like it!

:headbang:
Sponsored