Sponsored

Order Date / Delivery Date Spreadsheet?

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Hi guys

Thought it might be useful for anyone awaiting delivery of a Mustang to see what the lead times are looking like with the logging of a spreadsheet of order date / build date / delivery date?

I'm thinking it would be interesting to see how long it's taking on average from order to delivery. i.e. people receiving their cars today - it would be nice to know when they ordered them from the perspective of a new buyer awaiting their order.

If it's something that would be of interest i can set it up ? Or whether it actually already exists somewhere is another question i guess.

--Update--

I've made a quick spreadsheet - it's publically accessible if you wish to add your details in go ahead :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12QQI5oQIw775MdV7BmkLvgTKdEqBwzdFw4joj0-a1AA/edit?usp=sharing

-----------
Sponsored

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I had one... It's on my work PC somewhere, did it whilst I was bored.

Mainly tracked most peoples times in zeebrugge, but had times between other 'gates' as i called them.

Averaged about 9 months between both EB and GT. GT was averaging just about 8.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you do any work if it's not Mustang related? ;)
Just closed down one of my projects where we were segmenting customers and migrating. Now onto another; which is deemed "secret" but was running the two together about 3 months ago!

Benefits of two screens at work - one's work, the others Mustangs :D :lol:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I would love to see something like this. It would definitely give me a an idea of when to order to get into an early June build slot for a 2018.
I know discussion around this topic has taken place before but lead times are subject to change and it would be great to see all the info in one place.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to see something like this. It would definitely give me a an idea of when to order to get into an early June build slot for a 2018.
I know discussion around this topic has taken place before but lead times are subject to change and it would be great to see all the info in one place.
about 7-9 months before june depending on model :D. Make sure the dealer puts the order on "that day" though.

I'd shoot oct/Nov 17.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
about 7-9 months before june depending on model :D. Make sure the dealer puts the order on "that day" though.

I'd shoot oct/Nov 17.
I was talking about the new model which should be revealed some time late this year or early next. With production beginning in June 2017 if along the same lines as the change from 2016-17 model this year.:shrug:

Unless we aren't getting the new model for another year I was thinking an early to mid Feb order would see me right. I'm certainly not waiting another year to order.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking about the new model which should be revealed some time late this year or early next. With production beginning in June 2017 if along the same lines as the change from 2016-17 model this year.:shrug:

Unless we aren't getting the new model for another year I was thinking an early to mid Feb order would see me right. I'm certainly not waiting another year to order.
Ah a MY18 not a 2018. Then yeah, Order oct/nov 16 for a June/July 17 delivery.

If you want a june/July BUILD then order about 3-4months before.

Basically 7-9 months before = average pickup day
3-4months before (build day) = average build day

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Yes its a must do, i often look at peoples sig strip and work out how I am doing, so a central place would be great. I have a projected build date and would like to estimate delivery after that....................but I am aware there is often no rhyme or reason !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes its a must do, i often look at peoples sig strip and work out how I am doing, so a central place would be great. I have a projected build date and would like to estimate delivery after that....................but I am aware there is often no rhyme or reason !
Projected build isn't the same as actual build :(. My projected build was Nov 11th, "End of 2015", "Early jan" "ENd of jan" and finally, 1st week of feb.

Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Projected build isn't the same as actual build :(. My projected build was Nov 11th, "End of 2015", "Early jan" "ENd of jan" and finally, 1st week of feb.
Dont say that, just dont say it :) I am hoping they have worked out their build dates a little more accurately now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Dont say that, just dont say it :) I am hoping they have worked out their build dates a little more accurately now.
They haven't. Once you gt a build date on a window sticker, it's confirmed :).

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ah a MY18 not a 2018. Then yeah, Order oct/nov 16 for a June/July 17 delivery.

If you want a june/July BUILD then order about 3-4months before.

Basically 7-9 months before = average pickup day
3-4months before (build day) = average build day
Apart from 10 speed auto doesn't seem to be any more speculation/news on the MY18? Is there going to more power etc? I would have thought there must be more leaks on the MY18?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Apart from 10 speed auto doesn't seem to be any more speculation/news on the MY18? Is there going to more power etc? I would have thought there must be more leaks on the MY18?
I'm not anyone "In the Know" [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] maybe able to help.

I believe the changes were to be "10 speed GM/Ford trans", "Body changes" and some other tweaks, it wont be a major overhaul as it's not going "Up" a generation, it'll sitll be a gen 6 just revamped a little.

Gen 7s probably 2020ish.
Sponsored