Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Installing the rear sway bar today. Those bolts are pretty tight. Seems they all have loctite on them.

Plan is to do front at a later date simultaneously along with the Reische thermostat since I'll have to take out the intake for both.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Has anyone got a price for tinting the rear lights? I had a joker try and say $500. I laughed and hung up.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Has anyone got a price for tinting the rear lights? I had a joker try and say $500. I laughed and hung up.
Are you talking vinyl tinting? And just to install or to make the vinyl and then install? If just install I have been quoted $100 from 2 places. Can buy the tint packs from anchor room for red or black tint or also Dennis on the forums for red tint. About $100 including shipping for a set of red tints from Dennis. Think anchor room was slightly less.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Im after a black tint, My car is Black...... or it will be if it ever arrives.

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Done. With the billet upgrade added.

Was going to do the subframe support braces too, but unfortunately I need a 10mm Allen socket to torque it down. Zzzz.... Should have rewatched the CJ video. :p

Guess I'll have to re-jack and do it Thursday or something.
13112724_10208704894195724_701061983_o.jpg
13045487_10208704460144873_1966549579_n.jpg
13055446_10208704141656911_7896892358441110130_n.jpg

Last edited:

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I just had a thought (dangerous and lonely as it was)

Many are worried about the impact of a tune for warranty etc. If you get a tune will ford know? If something breaks are you covered? if you tune will the ford techs screw it up at service?

Surely though something like a nGauge solves that? You have a tune emailed in, you upload to your tuner and then your car. If something goes wrong or your going for service, you restore factory tune and no one is the wiser?

I am sure its not that simple but it seems like a solution to the problem. I am probably just talking out my butt. Hybrid how has yours been? was this your thinking?

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
yes you can flash your stock tune back in prior to service however there is a log that says how many times your software has been updated, so every time the car goes in for a service it gets flashed back to stock, then back to your tune after the service. There will be an unusually high number of re flashes.

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

Many are worried about the impact of a tune for warranty etc. If you get a tune will ford know? If something breaks are you covered? if you tune will the ford techs screw it up at service?

Surely though something like a nGauge solves that? You have a tune emailed in, you upload to your tuner and then your car. If something goes wrong or your going for service, you restore factory tune and no one is the wiser?

I am sure its not that simple but it seems like a solution to the problem. I am probably just talking out my butt. Hybrid how has yours been? was this your thinking?
Has been said they leave a record - I can't remember off-hand if its a simple counter that records how many times the tune has been written or if its more complex than that, but Ford can tell.

There was a rumour that Ford will be offering warranty backed tunes at some stage, but who knows when/if that'll ever eventuate.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
iirc it's a simple counter for flashes. Leaves the factory with 1, and if Ford need to reflash for any reason then they keep track of that in their system. Any additional flashes will show up in the count

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Also would not recommend going with this option, pm me if you want more information

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Factory Ford tune.....Guaranteed an extra 5kw over standard.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang