Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'll prolly go that clear film once it's resprayed and still keep the bra for long trips
I have Suntek PPF covering my bumper, bonnet, front guards and the front of the rear wheel arches.

Washed it a couple of days ago and still zero chips (admittedly have only done 2500km).
Sponsored

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I have Suntek PPF covering my bumper, bonnet, front guards and the front of the rear wheel arches.

Washed it a couple of days ago and still zero chips (admittedly have only done 2500km).
I was thinking of this too. I did wonder if the film shows swirl or scratch marks from washing even with the proper wash method? Our current car always atands out where the front of rear wheel arch and bottom corner of rear door is treated and in the sun you see the edge line of the film.

How does your look in the sun? And do you see any difference in sheen or colur between the treated panels and adjoining non treated panels?

Would appreciate your comments on this because I am seriously thinking of doing it but are hesitating as well. :shrug:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I did wonder if the film shows swirl or scratch marks from washing even with the proper wash method? Our current car always atands out where the front of rear wheel arch and bottom corner of rear door is treated and in the sun you see the edge line of the film.
I chose to have the entire bumper, guards and bonnet covered so there are no joins in those areas. You can see the join on the rear guards as it only goes half way up. I use the two bucket method and haven't noticed any swirling on the film as yet.

How does your look in the sun? And do you see any difference in sheen or colour between the treated panels and adjoining non treated panels?
It gleams in the sun - had a couple of bikers approach me at a servo yesterday commenting on how the car glistens. They were really surprised to learn that DIB has been discontinued. I can't see any difference between the panels.

Would appreciate your comments on this because I am seriously thinking of doing it but are hesitating as well. :shrug:
I don't regret it at all.

Here's some pics of my car getting treated and the final result (move forward through the pics).

https://www.facebook.com/ReflectEff...674504760426/1277472792280586/?type=3&theater

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Thanks heaps, really appreciate your comments! :hail:

I chose to have the entire bumper, guards and bonnet covered so there are no joins in those areas. You can see the join on the rear guards as it only goes half way up. I use the two bucket method and haven't noticed any swirling on the film as yet.

It gleams in the sun - had a couple of bikers approach me at a servo yesterday commenting on how the car glistens. They were really surprised to learn that DIB has been discontinued. I can't see any difference between the panels.

I don't regret it at all.

Here's some pics of my car getting treated and the final result (move forward through the pics).

https://www.facebook.com/ReflectEff...674504760426/1277472792280586/?type=3&theater

Shevs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Manual Race Red
Front parking sensors and US style lower grille (that I supplied) getting fitted by my dealer today before I pick it up on Tuesday

Sponsored

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Got the car back from the Paint Protection guys, very silky finish and the carbon got a coat as well to add to the gloss. Hardest bit was putting the soft cover back on! It was like herding ferrets. :doh:
IMG_1253rsz.jpg

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Got the car back from the Paint Protection guys, very silky finish and the carbon got a coat as well to add to the gloss. Hardest bit was putting the soft cover back on! It was like herding ferrets. :doh:
Looking mint!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Full blingwork lighting kit and us lower grille installed this weekend.

I had planned to install the velossatech big mouth intake, but despite all manner of cutting and grinding, could not get it to fit behind the upper grille :( also cut all of the honeycomb out of that section of the grille using a dremel, but not 100% sure what I'll do to finish it off

Last edited:

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Full blingwork lighting kit and us lower grille installed this weekend.

I had planned to install the velossatech big mouth intake, but despite all manner of cutting and grinding, could not get it to fit behind the upper grille :( also cut all of the honeycomb out of the grille using a dremel, but not 100% sure what I'll do to finish it off
Matt, Are you using a CAI? I have a Corsa CAI and I thought that was what caused my BigMouth to stick out too far and 'not fit'.

Anyone got the BigMouth fitted successfully?

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Matt, Are you using a CAI? I have a Corsa CAI and I thought that was what caused my BigMouth to stick out too far and 'not fit'.

Anyone got the BigMouth fitted successfully?
Nope, stock intake. I've just sent them a pm to see if they'll do anything about it. Not like I can send it back now though I've hacked the hell out of it haha

It was a pretty expensive piece of plastic, so a bit annoyed that it doesn't fit. Taking he bumper off is a pretty involved procedure

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Update [MENTION=23916]VNE000[/MENTION], Dan is sending me the new design. Can't fault them for customer service!

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I got my bmr cb005 kit and the rear steeda alignment inserts installed today .

To say I'm over the moon with the result is an understatement, the rear feels a lot more connected and after a couple of hard launches alot of the wheel hop issues seem to be gone.

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
DRL done :D
with the new kit, white with amber sequential.
Thanks John [MENTION=20412]Banditvox[/MENTION] for the tips on wiring it up! & Loudz for installing the LED & painting the reflector / chrome satin black. video: [ame]

Side by side comparison with another mustang.

66 WAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017
DRL done :D
with the new kit, white with amber sequential.
Thanks John @Banditvox for the tips on wiring it up! & Loudz for installing the LED & painting the reflector / chrome satin black. video:

Side by side comparison with another mustang.

Fantastic job ... i want these so bad but wouldnt know where to start ... some one should do exchange headlights and i would buy in a heartbeat
Sponsored