16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Awesome, can't wait for results.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Arh is arguably the best exhaust/headers you can buy for domestic v8s. Followed by kooks. Subbed. The x pipe on these necks down a lot. Looking forward to see the gains made.

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche grey
subbed

Sponsored

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Sub'd. What did they say about equal-length? My understanding is that's ideal for FPC.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
subd

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Just talked to Nick Filippides at American racing headers and Chuck Watson at Watson engineering and they both said that the headers will be made from the standard 304 stainless .049 wall thickness on the standard 5.0l and all other cross plane engines to .064 wall thickness 304 stainless for the flat plane voodoo for vibration purposes. Once I do a base line stock pull at Watson I'll then install the JLT and dyno tune pull then a header and tune to compare. I've been also thinking about checking the intake port match and also to see if a throttle body will have a increase at all. Time will tell.
I've made custom headers for my other cars in the past and I've been wondering what a step header would do for this engine. It could help build a bit of torque.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Here's a question...

Do you guys think 1 7/8" is big enough? Would there be any better gains to be had with larger headers, such as a 2"? Trial and error, I suppose...or flow testing, etc.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Here's a question...

Do you guys think 1 7/8" is big enough? Would there be any better gains to be had with larger headers, such as a 2"? Trial and error, I suppose...or flow testing, etc.
2" is way to big. Bigger isn't better. And to be honest I think a 1-3/4" would be perfect. To big cost torque. That's why I was leaning more towards a 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" step header. Tube length 26"-32" primary and collector length all have to be taken into consideration. As do RPM AND the power band and type of racing that is being done. I've made a few headers before for my 401 Yates headed fox body that were 2" 2-1/8" step header with a rotational fire pattern. But on the voodoo everyone says their is no room for Tri-Y headers.
Sponsored