Official Resonator Delete Thread

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Did the same on mine. Love it. Minimum amount of cutting and no welding. Very easy to reverse and sounds fantastic!
No welding - would you just need a different set of clamps to mount back the original xpipe and resonator?
Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Just had my local (excellent) muffler shop install my new Shifteck resonator delete X pipe today. Took about an hour and we decided to cut off the tapered end for the maximum flow per Shifteck instructions. Fitment was very good and my tech had no problems. He mentioned the Shifteck welds looked very clean. However, he was not fond of the supplied rear clamps so I had him weld it in. Its reversable and absolutely will not shake lose. Super solid. Glad I did it that way since this thing is not coming out now that I have heard it.

As far as the stock resonators and X pipe.....wow....it was surprising how heavy the piece was. It is much heaver than the Shifteck piece. Felt at least 5 pound heavier...but Im just estimating here. Did not use the factory heat shield either as per instructions is optional.

Sound?.....absolutely fantastic. It sounds like it it amplifies the BEST sounds of the GT350 but you now hear them all the time and its a bit louder. Has more overrun burble and a few cracks and pops but it just sounds terrific.

BTW, I have read some have had long wait times on these pieces. But I have to report that I got mine in 2 days. Im in San Diego so maybe that is the reason.

Anyway...I highly recommend this modification and if anyone is thinking about Shifteck, I would say they deliver what they promise IMO. Happy customer.

fuzzdrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
curious how the shiftech (or any resonator delete xpipe) would sound like if anyone available around Dallas

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Local performance shop did the Shifteck x-pipe install and very happy so far. Left the x-pipe as it came from Shifteck and using the provided clamps. I did not want it to be louder, just getting rid of the resonator. Sport mode is not much louder and quiet mode is not louder to me but a better sound, difficult to describe, at least from the inside. Only at cold start you get a short increase of noise in quiet mode. No problem whatsoever with Shifteck service. Received my order just after 3 days !

Sponsored

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
I did mine today, ended up ditching the X pipe and installing a better flowing one, also got rid of the 3-4 neck down sections, new X pipe, and 3 inch tubing

think it came out awesome
!cid_6c3f73a4-f6ee-44b4-8430-878844051fd0@namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_8cf08ee8-8fdc-4003-875a-dd0f00960495@namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg

Reactions: Why

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Question - what is actually inside the resonators? Is it just a empty space - or are there baffles/obstructions in there to quiet it down? Google searching turned up both variants, and now im wondering...

I think saw somebody post pictures of the inside before, but cant find em in the search.

Just curious to know - if there is an obstruction in there - would removing it (if even possible) return results in the direction of a GT350R exhaust?

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Resonator insides pix

Question - what is actually inside the resonators? Is it just a empty space - or are there baffles/obstructions in there to quiet it down? Google searching turned up both variants, and now im wondering...

I think saw somebody post pictures of the inside before, but cant find em in the search.

Just curious to know - if there is an obstruction in there - would removing it (if even possible) return results in the direction of a GT350R exhaust?
Here are some pix I just took for you...
IMG_20180427_160241.jpg
IMG_20180427_160217.jpg

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Here's a before and after of my car with the Shifteck resonator delete...

Before:

[ame]

After:

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I finally put on a Corsa double helix x-pipe. I love the new sound and wish I had done it months ago.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I searched this thread and forum... Cant find anything. I see that Shiftech sells a resonator delete X pipe and H pipe... anyone try the H pipe??? Based on my past experience, I would think the H is a little deeper sounding??

Thanks!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The removal of the stock resonators on my car has added in some NVH particularly between 1500 and 2000 RPM. YMMV

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I searched this thread and forum... Cant find anything. I see that Shiftech sells a resonator delete X pipe and H pipe... anyone try the H pipe??? Based on my past experience, I would think the H is a little deeper sounding??

Thanks!
I found a thread from an exhaust company some time back on another forum after a lot of searching.

Basically, the H pipe didn't go well. He said it was louder but it didn't sound very good.
Sponsored