Sponsored

GT350 upgrades on GT

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I was just thinking. How nice would it be if some of the things specific to the GT350 were available on the regular GT? I'd love to have been able to add magnetorheological dampers and dual mode exhaust as options. As beautiful as the flat-plane-crank sounds, I don't think I need another 100 horses or an 8250 rpm redline... but boy dual mode exhaust and on-the-fly suspension adjustment would be nice. Plus both of those things are options on the Camaro SS!
Someone figure out how to order and retrofit GT350 parts for us regular Mustang owners!
Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
there are a bunch of parts that already fit, the steering wheel is the most popular, but its way overpriced now

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Roush has electronic adjustable mufflers for about $2k.
Aftermarket appearance parts are available that look like GT350s.
You can also swap out the steering wheel.
Most GT350 parts won't fit on the regular GT because they are not entirely same car.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
I think it would be great if the magnetic dampers were a stand-alone option or part of the performance package for both the ecoboost 4 and the GT.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I think it would be great if the magnetic dampers were a stand-alone option or part of the performance package for both the ecoboost 4 and the GT.
That would take a lot away from the gt350 if you could option a gt just like it minus the 5.2

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Well you could add the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body and intake. Pair that with some headers and a tune and you are pretty close to that extra 100 hp.

Jon B.

Farm Truck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Premium PP GT, '01 Lightning
That would take a lot away from the gt350 if you could option a gt just like it minus the 5.2
No it wouldn't. For an excellent example, look at the Corvette Z06 and Grand Sport. They both sell just fine.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
No it wouldn't. For an excellent example, look at the Corvette Z06 and Grand Sport. They both sell just fine.
I'm not familiar with the similarities between the cars but you're telling me they are identical minus a little engine change? no sarcasm intended, genuinely curious if they are that similar minus a motor difference. I know the 5.2 is a leap from the 5.0 but its not THAT big to justify them selling the same exact car as a 5.0 for 30k more.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree it would be nice to see at least the GT have active exhaust and Magneride as options. I bet it will happen in the next few years if the greenie wackos allow Ford to continue building high HP V8 cars.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
great thoughts but just watch this show

I was just thinking. How nice would it be if some of the things specific to the GT350 were available on the regular GT? I'd love to have been able to add magnetorheological dampers and dual mode exhaust as options. As beautiful as the flat-plane-crank sounds, I don't think I need another 100 horses or an 8250 rpm redline... but boy dual mode exhaust and on-the-fly suspension adjustment would be nice. Plus both of those things are options on the Camaro SS!
Someone figure out how to order and retrofit GT350 parts for us regular Mustang owners!
great thoughts on gt350 stuff, maybe even a appearance pkg would be nice, but .. if you check out any episode of Barett jackson auction... you always see the real deal car selling for more than a restored "modified" version. The same with the GT350 .. if Ford gave the GT a GT50 engine, suspension, carbon fiber then the GT350 would not fetch a premium adm.

Maybe in the future the 5.2 will replace the coyote but then I bet the gt350 will get a bigger better block.

Until then raiding the parts bin is a go..

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
great thoughts on gt350 stuff, maybe even a appearance pkg would be nice, but .. if you check out any episode of Barett jackson auction... you always see the real deal car selling for more than a restored "modified" version. The same with the GT350 .. if Ford gave the GT a GT50 engine, suspension, carbon fiber then the GT350 would not fetch a premium adm.

Maybe in the future the 5.2 will replace the coyote but then I bet the gt350 will get a bigger better block.

Until then raiding the parts bin is a go..
Ford does not care about ADM. that is dealer exclusive and money that Ford never sees. Id imagine that the coming Mach1/Boss 302 or whatever will wind up having some if not all of those upgrades to take on the 1LE.

OP
OP

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Roush has electronic adjustable mufflers for about $2k.
With that ugly rear diffuser... ( no offense just not my taste... it looks good with the rest of the Roush kit just not alone) if it fit the stock diffuser it'd already be on my car!

This is exactly what I was thinking of.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
With that ugly rear diffuser... ( no offense just not my taste... it looks good with the rest of the Roush kit just not alone) if it fit the stock diffuser it'd already be on my car!

This is exactly what I was thinking of.
Time to bring out the dremel.
Sponsored