Sponsored

Question: is it possible to mount GT 4 piston brakes on the rear?

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
I know this won't be much of/if any brake performance gain, but I'm thinking it could help fill out a set of wheels pretty nicely. Has anyone tried this yet? Do you think it'd be pretty difficult to make work?

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I know this won't be much of/if any brake performance gain, but I'm thinking it could help fill out a set of wheels pretty nicely. Has anyone tried this yet? Do you think it'd be pretty difficult to make work?

Thanks for your time.
It's possible but you will lose your parking brake.

If you really want a rear 4 piston caliper get the gt350 kit

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Wouldn't this throw off the brake balance? Furthermore, most of the braking power is done at the front. This is a total waste of time just to do it for "looks"

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Well that's just your opinion, man... Sorry couldn't resist using a Big Lebowski qoute here. Looks is an obvious benefit, plus I considered may be just buying an upgrade for the front brakes and using my current brakes on the rear which definitely provide a performance benefit.

For those interested in going the GT350 route full tilt boogie racing sells the kit, if I recall correctly it was $3700 for front and rears or $2000 for just rears.
Sponsored