Sponsored

Steering dead spot (Left)?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Noticed a few months ago that I have kind of a deadspot in the steering. It's only on Left turns, at about 8-9 o'clock. Gradual turns it's not noticeable, only on sharp lefts. Right is fine. Seems like I recall reading one early review in a car mag that mentioned this. Anyone else have it?

Doesn't affect anything other than feel.
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think I noticed this a few days and tried to reproduce it but haven't been able to.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I have one turn on my commute home that will always do it, but I have found it hard to reproduce in different places. It's odd, my 2012 didn't do it, and I thought the steering units were pretty similar.

Humpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP "EgoBoost"
Had mine since 01/15. Has always had a dead spot to the left. Hasn't changed a bit in a year and a half. Not bad enough to be a major concern.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
i'm able to get it about half the time. but never with the winter tires, only the summers.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Guys do changing the steering modes do anything to help?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Ford has a bulletin about this, I believe it basically explains that it is "normal". I will find the letter and post it tonight. It's due to the feedback from the car on certain road surfaces and driving conditions. This is from memory so I'll check.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Ford has a bulletin about this, I believe it basically explains that it is "normal". I will find the letter and post it tonight. It's due to the feedback from the car on certain road surfaces and driving conditions. This is from memory so I'll check.
Thanks! I have noticed that it's most prevalent in with the steering in sport mode.

JeffARB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'92 GT conv, '15 GT conv, '15 LE Kona AT #0015
Very interested in Ford's explaination for this. There is NO WAY this could be normal. I just don't think they want to replace the $3k EPAS rack. When it happens on mine, it is like it is stuck until you move the wheel. So strange and disconcerting! Please see here too: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26861

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Very interested in Ford's explaination for this. There is NO WAY this could be normal. I just don't think they want to replace the $3k EPAS rack. When it happens on mine, it is like it is stuck until you move the wheel. So strange and disconcerting! Please see here too: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26861
Interesting. Mine is really not that bad right now, but I'm wondering if it could get worse. I'll mention it next time I'm at the dealer and see what happens I guess.
Sponsored