Sponsored

Those of you who travel Fury Road on the daily.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I do highway driving every day to get to work. I washed my car today and i noticed my front bumper had several rock chips which need repairing.

How are you all protecting your front bumper?
Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
From what ive seen a clear bra is the best thing to do to protect the front bumper. it goes on and you treat it like paint. Its made to take those hits so the paint doesnt have to and when its really beat up it gets replaced.

Other than that the front lower bumper will always get beat up the most jsut from normal driving.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a few new ones on the hood of mine. I tend to just cry about it and then keep driving.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I see them on my hood, too, and am actively searching for a regular 'rock chip guy' to keep on top of this a couple times a year. I've always been a bit leery about taking the clear bra route. :shrug:

OP
OP
Drugdealr

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I think I might go the Dr.Colorchip route then maybe spray the bumper down with that 3M clear bra.

They look terrible up close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, I suffered my first small chip. Picked up a bottle of touch up. When it warms up, I'll take care of it the best I can.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Increase following distance.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Increase following distance.
This ^^^

Become the a$$wipe we all complain about and leave 5 car lengths between you an the guy in front of you :cool:

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Just my 2 sense (cents?) but the 3M spray seems to miss the target. Looking at reviews of it its hard to get to dry clear, doesnt last too long and at times can be a nightmare to remove. Its also not going to be as thick as the films but there is a huge price difference there.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Dr Colorchip has been working real well for me to touch them up. I was originally going to do an XPEL Ultimate clear bra for the front until I saw it was $800. After washing my car this weekend and wanting to cry due to all the chips I think I will be putting one on soon.

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
This ^^^

Become the a$$wipe we all complain about and leave 5 car lengths between you an the guy in front of you :cool:
Unless you are stuck behind a dump truck or similar, this is a great invitation for some bozo to jump in front of you, slow way down, slam on the brakes, etc, etc. to 'make a point'.

I would rather just stick with the 3-car-distance "rule" as best as I can and fix the inevitable rock chips than put my life in the hands of a road-raging lunatic.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Unless you are stuck behind a dump truck or similar, this is a great invitation for some bozo to jump in front of you, slow way down, slam on the brakes, etc, etc. to 'make a point'.

I would rather just stick with the 3-car-distance "rule" as best as I can and fix the inevitable rock chips than put my life in the hands of a road-raging lunatic.
3 cars, 5 cars... who's counting? [Alert]Sarcasm[/Alert]

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
it is a daily driver. all to be expected. just wash and carry on

OP
OP
Drugdealr

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
it is a daily driver. all to be expected. just wash and carry on

Just because it's daily driver doesn't mean it has to look ugly and unkept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fellow road warrior here. Minor dings will happen, you will go crazy over trying to fix them all. Just be mindful of who your driving behind, and if its a road with lost of debris, slow down or get off of it. Clear bra is always an option, but an expensive one. Keeping your car waxed is the best advice I can give you, if you do it enough, once weekly, it will develop a nice layer, which kind of acts as a clear bra. I commute everyday, on I-95 in tons of traffic and have yet to see any chips on the front of my car.
Sponsored