Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
A guy on my local mustang club page said he beat an M4 from a dig without too much trouble. YMMV
'A GUY' i saw walking down the street stopped and told me his M4 beat a Camaro, Mustang and Bugatti yesterday. That made it true.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. I ran my buddies 15 dsg m4 with dinan stage 1 piggyback and exhaust from a roll 3 back to back times around 45-50 mph. I was figuring he would pull me pretty good in my 14 GT/CS @ 3680 cat scaled. We where dead even until the shift into 3rd gear @ 7700 (auto 3.15) where I pulled 1/4-1/2 car length every time and shut down around 130 mph. Cobra jet, big oval, catless x, lund 100 octane tuned. :).

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
'A GUY' i saw walking down the street stopped and told me his M4 beat a Camaro, Mustang and Bugatti yesterday. That made it true.

Yeah, but the story has to be true.

And yes, a $50k Ford Mustang GT, offers just about the performance of a $69K BMW M4. (note: that is a $19,000 difference)

As for acceleration..? = Who were the drivers..?

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you were Auto this race would be close AF! I have a very close friend. And a BMW nut hugger for life that has owned every generation of M3/4 and the current M-4 he owns ran 11.9@119 with a killer Atco DA in the fall. Pretty sure the Auto Gt can due better in the same DA. a Drag race would be very interesting.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
The M4 just isn't as impressive as the M2...!
Especially now that the M2 has the M4 motor. It's a shame it didn't also get it's big brother's looks.

Anyways, as stated earlier BMW underrates their cars' power and coupled with the DCT, that unfortunately does not bode well for you. It will be a loss but he won't blow you away.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
About anything is true with amateur drivers... I personally witnessed an eco mustang dust an SS. Heck seen a vet get dusted by everyone. Drivers matter.

Baylorguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 401A, 10 speed auto
The driver matters even more in the M3/4. They really struggle putting the power down in the lower gears. I got rid of mine for a 2018 GT PP A10 because of how annoying it was to constantly light up tires, not to mention traction control was extremely invasive. I could have gotten 100+ rwhp with just a tune... but what good is any of that if I can't use it in the real world? Meanwhile, my 2018 with headers, intake and E85 does just fine :)

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
The driver matters even more in the M3/4. They really struggle putting the power down in the lower gears. I got rid of mine for a 2018 GT PP A10 because of how annoying it was to constantly light up tires, not to mention traction control was extremely invasive. I could have gotten 100+ rwhp with just a tune... but what good is any of that if I can't use it in the real world? Meanwhile, my 2018 with headers, intake and E85 does just fine :)
There is a BMW driving course for people like you. Might have been cheaper than buying a new car...

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/school/classes/bmw/m

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Baylorguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 401A, 10 speed auto
There is a BMW driving course for people like you. Might have been cheaper than buying a new car...

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/school/classes/bmw/m
Interesting assumption that I am not a skilled driver. The first advice I consistently got from other F80 owners when getting my F80 was do not drive with traction control off. This was from experienced drivers that tracked their car all the time (and they followed their own advice). Why do you think the M5 is all wheel drive? The bottom line is 1st and 2nd gear is a joke and in the real world where the bulk of spirited acceleration is done, it gets old fast.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Interesting assumption that I am not a skilled driver. The first advice I consistently got from other F80 owners when getting my F80 was do not drive with traction control off. This was from experienced drivers that tracked their car all the time (and they followed their own advice). Why do you think the M5 is all wheel drive? The bottom line is 1st and 2nd gear is a joke and in the real world where the bulk of spirited acceleration is done, it gets old fast.
Sorry, I don't know anything about your driving ability... outside of what you shared on the forum. Sounds like you were hanging with a lot of people who could have used the course.

Why all wheel?

- It will sell for more..

- It can be turned off (I would guess, don't know... but if an M car it would be ashame if it could not)...

- Stupid people think everyone with rear wheel drive will die in a fiery crash at the first light snow....

- All wheel drive might be faster (I know in the 4 series they claim it is faster).

Guess I could come up with more....

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
And the 2018 GT will snap shift forks while the motor rattles itself to death. Lol

The BMW, but it'll break down and start leaking oil about the 5th race in.
Sponsored