Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No, it's really not worth noting that at all. Everyone knows that automatics have been faster than manuals for quite some time now, but it still doesn't make it a driver's car.

What IS worth noting is the 991 911 GT3 being released as PDK only, and then to be refreshed with a manual option after being criticized by pretty much every driving enthusiast.
So true and it's why the Cayman 4 and Porsche R, both manual only, were so popular. They should keep the GT350 stick only to keep it a drivers car. To say auto is a drivers car because F1 drivers use it to get the fastest lap misses the point of what a drivers car is.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Im new to this site, and mustangs in general. Im hear to learn about the car before i trade my ST in.. But i really hope this isnt what new mustangs sound like. I understand its all up to the personal listening, but this sounds like raspy shit to me.. thats normal? this doesnt sound anything like the old "sound of a mustang" that i grew up hearing. yeah its been a long time since ive heard a mustang reving in person and all, but this isnt what i was expecting lol
That isn't what these cars sound like inherently, no. You can get much deeper, crisper sounds. It's amazing how different the same engine can sound with all the different catbacks. All that said, the Coyote is never going to sound like the old 4.6L or pushrod 5.0L engines of old. Different header design, different firing order, different muffler location. It'll always be a little raspy in comparison but you can make it sound fantastic.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
That isn't what these cars sound like inherently, no. You can get much deeper, crisper sounds. It's amazing how different the same engine can sound with all the different catbacks. All that said, the Coyote is never going to sound like the old 4.6L or pushrod 5.0L engines of old. Different header design, different firing order, different muffler location. It'll always be a little raspy in comparison but you can make it sound fantastic.
I didnt think so, and i figured some of the rasp was the new... everything.. but thats the first i heard that sounded like that, usually on the youtube and all it sounds like what im expecting, but honestly havent even started looking at exhaust clips yet.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Official Build and Price coming July 25

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Definitely not going to be on sale by October as October 1st is the targeted production start date! I trust my Ford factory rep more than I trust C/D:p
For everyone's information:

My local Ford dealer, Angela Krause Ford Lincoln has a research tab for the 2018 Mustang GT.
Clicking on this tab opens up a page describing all of the previously released changes and details we already know.

It also states..."you can see it this September at Angela Krause Ford Lincoln"...

You can even sign up for a test drive now...
"Once the vehicle of interest is in-route to us from the manufacturer we will reach out to you and schedule your test drive for the all new 2018 Mustang."

Though not quite an "all new" vehicle, at least this dealer is engaged, proactive and doing it's best to generate interest, anticipation and excitement for the '18 Mustang.:ford:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Im new to this site, and mustangs in general. Im hear to learn about the car before i trade my ST in.. But i really hope this isnt what new mustangs sound like. I understand its all up to the personal listening, but this sounds like raspy shit to me.. thats normal? this doesnt sound anything like the old "sound of a mustang" that i grew up hearing. yeah its been a long time since ive heard a mustang reving in person and all, but this isnt what i was expecting lol
It's raspy because it has an X-pipe. If you use an H-pipe the rasp will be way less and you'll have a deeper tone like you're expecting to hear.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The GT350 is what, 526? Even if the GT was 470HP, that's still not "close."
to me its too close to justify a 25k price difference imo

if the gt goes to 470 which it should, then the voodoo needs a bump to 550 with similar tq increases.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
They are just another Dodge troll lol
wo wo wo there i am no troll been on the forum for a while, im a mustang enthusiast like everyone else on here. Yes i have a hellcat, so what, tell me one person on here that doesnt want 700 hp, i just want it to come with a warranty that and it has way more room since its a full size.

that being said i am entitled to an opinion and to me spending an extra 25k and you only get an extra 50 ponies makes no sense to me. yes i understand all of the extras the gt350 has vs a base gt that is not the point, Carol Shelby said it best, HP sells cars. Ford knows it too which is why they are not likely to do it. sure there are die hards that will buy no matter what but the majority of customers want that power separation from the regular gt on top of all of the extras. if the gt and the gt350 are too close in hp it will likly be harder to unload gt350s at least at msrp.

again this is all just my opinion, im not trolling, i love mustangs, just dont have one for this gen, maybe next gen. Just cause i dont have one doesnt mean i can not partake in the conversation with the rest of you. Dont be threatened because i have a dodge, i love cars of all kinds dodge, ford, chevy (well not as much chevy lol) they are all great, there is a special place in my heart for mustangs cause it was my first car, and i spend more time on here than hellcat.org.

anyways sorry to rant just didnt like being called a troll, back to topic

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
to me its too close to justify a 25k price difference imo

if the gt goes to 470 which it should, then the voodoo needs a bump to 550 with similar tq increases.
$25K from what? If you are looking at apples to apples, a GT Premium PP with minimal other options is going to run ~$42K. Base GT350 is $57K, so that's an MSRP difference of $15k, not $25. Now I am fully aware that in the real world you can get the GTPPP for more like $36K and a base PP for maybe $32K while the GT350 is going to have ADM up to $60K or even $70K but ADM is impossible to really compare. Since ADM is out there one can safely assume Ford is selling all the GT350s they can make as fast as they can make them.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt think so, and i figured some of the rasp was the new... everything.. but thats the first i heard that sounded like that, usually on the youtube and all it sounds like what im expecting, but honestly havent even started looking at exhaust clips yet.
Borla S-type, Corsa Sport, AWE Touring, Ford Racing Touring and Krona catbacks are the all fantastic sounding, mid volume exhausts without drone. Some are a little louder than others, particularly interior vs. exterior, but none obnoxious.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
$25K from what? If you are looking at apples to apples, a GT Premium PP with minimal other options is going to run ~$42K. Base GT350 is $57K, so that's an MSRP difference of $15k, not $25. Now I am fully aware that in the real world you can get the GTPPP for more like $36K and a base PP for maybe $32K while the GT350 is going to have ADM up to $60K or even $70K but ADM is impossible to really compare. Since ADM is out there one can safely assume Ford is selling all the GT350s they can make as fast as they can make them.
i was considering base vs base, even a pp gt with incentives there is still roughly a 25k difference. so when you consider that amount sure there are a lot of track goodies, but 25k and only 50 hp that scares a lot of people off, it would me. keep in mind, not saying the gt350 is a bad car, i love it, im just saying that ford wont let the gt get too close in hp cause it will make the car less special. majority of people buying high hp cars are not going to track it and want that separation from the lesser model, 50hp is not much when you consider there is currently a 91 hp difference.

what will be interesting is the TQ only a 29 tq difference now and the gt is getting direct port injection, its gonna get interesting to see how much of a tq bump that the gt will get. it has a chance of beating the gt350.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was considering base vs base, even a pp gt with incentives there is still roughly a 25k difference. so when you consider that amount sure there are a lot of track goodies, but 25k and only 50 hp that scares a lot of people off, it would me. keep in mind, not saying the gt350 is a bad car, i love it, im just saying that ford wont let the gt get too close in hp cause it will make the car less special. majority of people buying high hp cars are not going to track it and want that separation from the lesser model, 50hp is not much when you consider there is currently a 91 hp difference.

what will be interesting is the TQ only a 29 tq difference now and the gt is getting direct port injection, its gonna get interesting to see how much of a tq bump that the gt will get. it has a chance of beating the gt350.
I assure you that Ford will have no problem selling GT350s. Maybe if we're lucky the ADM will go away and you will be able to buy one at MSRP without doing a nationwide search.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium

I've been arguing this same point for months and I'm not a troll as well. I bleed Ford blue, but, I'm what is called a realist.

Ford has already stated the GT350 will remain unchanged for MY18.

With that said, if the 5.0 HP gets bumped, there is no way Ford will push HP close enough to the GT350 to cause potential buyers to hesitate because of performance similarities between the two models. They (Ford decision makers) will not allow that to happen. This is why I say that the 5.0 will not be advertised with more than 455HP. I'm guessing there is more in the works for the next gen, but for now they will not jeopardize the exclusivity of the 350 to win a HP war with the SS Camaro. << IMO

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been arguing this same point for months and I'm not a troll as well. I bleed Ford blue, but, I'm what is called a realist.

Ford has already stated the GT350 will remain unchanged for MY18.

With that said, if the 5.0 HP gets bumped, there is no way Ford will push HP close enough to the GT350 to cause potential buyers to hesitate because of performance similarities between the two models. They (Ford decision makers) will not allow that to happen. This is why I say that the 5.0 will not be advertised with more than 455HP. I'm guessing there is more in the works for the next gen, but for now they will not jeopardize the exclusivity of the 350 to win a HP war with the SS Camaro. << IMO
The last GT350 I saw at a dealer had a $20K ADM. That already makes no sense. The GT350 is in no danger. They could bump the base GT up to 475, but the GT350 would still be a GT350 and the GT would just be another GT. The GT350 has never been a drag car. That being said, my guess was 460, just to be 5 more than the Camaro. Who knows, maybe just 456.
Sponsored