Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
2017 NCAP results here...
http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-...s=false&selectedDriverAssistanceTechnologies=

Real problems, not just a cup of tea spilled. Ford apologised and said the '18 would be a lot better, we will see.
If you need auto stops and auto this you shouldn't be on the road full stop. I know auto drivers like everything automated but you still have to hit the brake. Cars become classics because of their styling not because of their NCAP rating and unfortunately the 2018 fails.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The thing that cracks me up about everyone that thinks NCAP is the gold standard for what a safe car is completely overlook the fact that they don't even do a small overlap crash, which is the far more dangerous and challenging crash for cars. NCAP still just smashes them into a wall, which nobody ever does. Look at the IIHS tests for the Mustang where a tiny sliver of the front is hit. It protects well and is almost good enough to be a Top Safety Pick. In the Challenger you'd lose your left leg. Camaro performs better than the Mustang but only slightly.

The only people that think autonomous braking constitutes a safer car are the people that aren't paying attention. If you have 2 eyes and are looking forward, you'll brake far sooner than these stupid systems will.

Source: [ame]

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Simply adding the collision avoidance as a standard option is going to bump the rating to a 3-4 start vehicle.
3 star to be precise. The 2 star end rating was because of the lack of electronic nannies. When they fix that in the 2018 the next worse subcategory will determine the end score. In case of the Mustang that is Child Occupant Protection which scored 3 stars. Causes were there aforementioned lack of seat belt pre-tentioners combined with submarining and lack of side airbag inflation strength.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I can't wait to get all these nannies so I can drive on the highway and put sauce on my tacos while steering with my knee.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I can't wait to get all these nannies so I can drive on the highway and put sauce on my tacos while steering with my knee.

:lol::lol:

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

You wait to get on the highway before nomming your tacos? I can hardly get out of the drive-through! :lol:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
In the current "let-us-do-your-safety-for-you" over all else climate where scaremongering overrules reality and the expectation that people should actually develop decent driving skills is getting thrown under the bus, Ford didn't have much choice. And that's sad.

I can honestly tell you the number of stars a car gets by anybody's safety rating system has *zero* influence on my buying decisions. One, four, five, maybe even none . . . all the same to me. If that sounds like a virtual middle finger aimed at the safety-fanatic crowd, so be it.

Norm

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I can't believe I have 227 pages of comments in this thread. What the heck is everyone talking about? The only thing we REALLY care about is the power increase and we don't know it yet.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can't believe I have 227 pages of comments in this thread. What the heck is everyone talking about? The only thing we REALLY care about is the power increase and we don't know it yet.

I agree, if the 2018 comes in at 475hp, all will be forgiven.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Do some people actually prefer the Aesthetics of the 2018 over the 2017? I saw both beside each other and I just don't understand how some people prefer the look of the 2018. Most people I've spoken to prefer the 2017 but 2017 blows it out of the water. Now if you prefer the new updated driving features that's one thing. I know a majority of people prefer the 2017 but to me it's not closed. Was waiting to see if it'd be worth it to wait but signing on Saturday. Also the HP increase will be 15-20 TOPS

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Camaro SS is 455 HP.......something tells me they are not releasing the HP yet because they have not finalized the tweaks to make at least 456 HP......at least that's what my Magic 8 Ball says.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Could be a waste of money, buying a car in the last month of production?
Unless Ford dramatically up the cost for the 471 bhp 405 ft.lb new '18.
Last month of production of what? It's still an S550. 16s didn't lose value because the 17s came out. The opposite will happen, 17s will skyrocket when 18s don't sell. 471 BHP? What are you talking about. Will increase 10-20 tops.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No way will the 2018 come in at a minute 15-20 HP increase. Watch and learn

The delay of 2018 Mustang release is due to emission issues surrounding
the increased HP coming from the direct and port fuel injection and higher
compression ratio. . .do the math
Sponsored