Sponsored

Interior Rattle - Dash - Passenger Side?

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
Hey gang... so this is super annoying to me, I have an intermittent interior rattle and I can't quite figure out where it's coming from.

Passenger side, even on smooth road, from the glovebox area I think I get a light "tick tick tick tick tick" sound going down the road. [no this isn't the 1,800 - 2,500 RPM noise all our cars have]

Sometimes this rattle isn't there, other times it goes from a light tick to a louder plastic "tapping".

Anyone had to isolate an interior rattle similar to this? Any help is appreciated!

It's a real buzz kill every time I drive the car and hear this.

I go from "where the hell is that coming from?" to "Jesus, this thing cost $65K and I've got unidentified rattles, my $40K Boss 302 didn't do this" to "the build quality on the new car pisses me off so bad I'd rather just look at it than drive it and be pissed"
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Next time you're driving, press against the glove box door and see if it goes away. If it does, a simple piece of rubber strip will solve the problem.

I had the same problem with my B302... Ford place couldn't find it but I was able to figure it out one day.

OP
OP

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=15817]DrumReaper[/MENTION] ... sadly I don't think it's the glove box, if I open the box while driving and let it hang, same issue. Pressing on it when closed isn't doing the trick either. Seems like it's "deeper" than the actual glove compartment.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Was driving the car the other day with my buddy sitting in the car with me and out of nowhere i start hearing that same rattle, so we tried isolating it, but just couldn't find where it was coming from. It has since gone away, but it wasn't the glove box like mentionned above.

Will post if i find anything.

OP
OP

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Mine went away for like 2 weeks, then came back. Really odd.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I've had a rattle on drivers side since the first 100 miles. I could push on dash and stop it. I eventually found the left air vent must be loose and I stuffed a napkin in the vent and the rattle is gone. Dealership thought something might be loose behind dash, but would have to remove it to check. I told them I'd keep my napkin in it until I brought it in for service and they could address it then. Love the car, but there are definitely lots of annoying little things like this and wiper not being able to be lifted up without scraping hood, etc.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Same here..I think the rattle is coming from the speaker

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
sure its not the shifter?

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
It's the plastic bezel that covers the dash gauges. Put your hand on it next time and you'll see if I'm right. I pulled mine off, massaged the clips and reinstalled and have not had a problem since.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
you can here rattles???? I can honestly say I only hear exhaust noise as my windows are pretty much always down.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
If you suspect anything related to a GT350's glovebox, don't forget about the small compartment inside the top of the box intended for the owners manual. It's got it's own door and latch.

I haven't had the annoying rattle, hope I never do :D

OP
OP

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the plastic bezel that covers the dash gauges. Put your hand on it next time and you'll see if I'm right. I pulled mine off, massaged the clips and reinstalled and have not had a problem since.
Interesting, I'll check this!
Sponsored