Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Anything new this morning?
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Wow the silence on this thread is heartbreaking.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
I emailed Chandler, he got back to me, emailed back and I'm waiting on a reply. However a local dealer sent me this today via email.

We currently have not received any order information on the 2019 Bullitt We hope to get some information in the next coming weeks. The system does have the body and vehicle line however it will not allow the order to be processed or previewed. I have reached out to our local Ford Regional team and they are looking into when this will become available.

My guess is orders won't be able to be processed until the order guides are released?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
UAmach1- it is all cool.
99% of the folks here do not know nor understand the Ford ordering system and allocation process. They seem to think it is like Amazon and anyone can just order. It simply doesnt work that way.

There are very strong reasons why Ford will not even accept customer Retail orders until after production has begun and QC tests met. Now everyone tries to bypass that issue (me included) by getting a friendly dealer to order a "stock" car that just happens to meet the buyers build with a wink wink. But still- Ford will only accept stock orders for months... thus if there are delays etc no one can complain---dealers dont complain about such things generally, doesnt get you in good with the Regional Zone Manager.

Same goes for pricing....Ford may not have finalized it yet.... no need to, no customer orders for months and dealers don't generally care on a limited car. And everyone needs to understand the earlier Bullitts undersold but Ford never did the media push like they have for the 19 so it is a new game to some extent.

This car will be limited and allocated. But id be surprised if Ford gives out the number. Both the 01 and 08/09s sold well Under their announced plans by over 1000 units. There is only so much of a market for green cars.

There are some 3000 dealerships.....with mega dealers getting more cars yeah there are gonna be small dealerships getting 1 or none. Heck some dealerships wont even Order--too limited of a market.

Ordering on day 1 dont mean shit. Your dealer priority code 10-99 generally dont mean shit. If your dealer is only getting 1 Bullitt then it doesnt matter if your a 10 or 99. That number only comes into play when Ford moves forward with that dealerships allocation. And as yours at "99" is the only order in the system for that dealership it gets built. The priority code only has value if the dealership has 2-3-8 cars on Order then Ford will build them in Priority Code Order set by that dealership. People seem to think that Priority Code 10 gets them a rushed car from Ford. Sorry, no. It only means that when Ford decides to build cars for that dealership it is the first car built for that dealership...it does not help move up thst allocation from Ford.

Most dealers do not even use code 10. why? Simple--what if the dealer needs a car sooner then later for a relative, special customer etc....they can slot that order in ahead of other stock/retail orders with their #1 slot.

Again if no ine is assigned 10-15 and your #16 then your number 1 at the dealership. Ford does not say....lets just build Priority Code 11 cars this week....simply just doesnt work that way.

On that point you order day 1 with a priority code 10 at the small dealer in town. While your buddy Bubba orders his a month later at the mega store 1 town over and is given a 57 priority code...guess what...Bubba may get his car months before you do if mega turns and burns a lot of cars and they get better allocation from Ford.

Again, Ford has 3000 dealers-- you had better believe there is a pecking order as all 3000 cannot be #1.

This is the short version....more detailed explainations exist on this forum as this issue comes up every model year, especially with the GT350s.

It appears that Ford is not fully up to speed with the 2019 Ordering banks---this should have been expected with the lack of an early leak of the 2019 ordering guide.

Pleasse excuse any typos or strange words- traveling and doing this on an ipad...

Edit-- as to Kona Blue. Several explainations and every's guess is valid. Ford may have thought of 3 colors like 01 and thus it is part of their data set....even if Ford later killed the idea. Or it could be that Ford is getting dealer feed back and considering adding the 3rd color (im a purist but dealers arent---they want color options, green is a limiting color) Or if this does go to 2 production yrs maybe black is replaced in 2020 with Kona blue to make a change for the market. Time will tell....

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
UAmach1- it is all cool.
99% of the folks here do not know nor understand the Ford ordering system and allocation process. They seem to think it is like Amazon and anyone can just order. It simply doesnt work that way.

There are very strong reasons why Ford will not even accept customer Retail orders until after production has begun and QC tests met. Now everyone tries to bypass that issue (me included) by getting a friendly dealer to order a "stock" car that just happens to meet the buyers build with a wink wink. But still- Ford will only accept stock orders for months... thus if there are delays etc no one can complain---dealers dont complain about such things generally, doesnt get you in good with the Regional Zone Manager.

Same goes for pricing....Ford may not have finalized it yet.... no need to, no customer orders for months and dealers don't generally care on a limited car. And everyone needs to understand the earlier Bullitts undersold but Ford never did the media push like they have for the 19 so it is a new game to some extent.

This car will be limited and allocated. But id be surprised if Ford gives out the number. Both the 01 and 08/09s sold well Under their announced plans by over 1000 units. There is only so much of a market for green cars.

There are some 3000 dealerships.....with mega dealers getting more cars yeah there are gonna be small dealerships getting 1 or none. Heck some dealerships wont even Order--too limited of a market.

Ordering on day 1 dont mean shit. Your dealer priority code 10-99 generally dont mean shit. If your dealer is only getting 1 Bullitt then it doesnt matter if your a 10 or 99. That number only comes into play when Ford moves forward with that dealerships allocation. And as yours at "99" is the only order in the system for that dealership it gets built. The priority code only has value if the dealership has 2-3-8 cars on Order then Ford will build them in Priority Code Order set by that dealership. People seem to think that Priority Code 10 gets them a rushed car from Ford. Sorry, no. It only means that when Ford decides to build cars for that dealership it is the first car built for that dealership...it does not help move up thst allocation from Ford.

Most dealers do not even use code 10. why? Simple--what if the dealer needs a car sooner then later for a relative, special customer etc....they can slot that order in ahead of other stock/retail orders with their #1 slot.

Again if no ine is assigned 10-15 and your #16 then your number 1 at the dealership. Ford does not say....lets just build Priority Code 11 cars this week....simply just doesnt work that way.

On that point you order day 1 with a priority code 10 at the small dealer in town. While your buddy Bubba orders his a month later at the mega store 1 town over and is given a 57 priority code...guess what...Bubba may get his car months before you do if mega turns and burns a lot of cars and they get better allocation from Ford.

Again, Ford has 3000 dealers-- you had better believe there is a pecking order as all 3000 cannot be #1.

This is the short version....more detailed explainations exist on this forum as this issue comes up every model year, especially with the GT350s.

It appears that Ford is not fully up to speed with the 2019 Ordering banks---this should have been expected with the lack of an early leak of the 2019 ordering guide.
This is why I'm ordering my car from a mega dealership 4 hours away from me that's also only 3 hours from FRAP. The idea of stock orders being built before retail orders makes me want to do a stock order, but with the Bullitt seemingly going to be a "built to order" car anyway and my dealer being high on the pecking order, maybe a retail order would play out okay. Anyone with experience feel free to chime in. I wish the whole thing wasn't so complex.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Yeah, I would avoid the stock vs dealer order. As Mustang1260 in his comments, there's a lot of things that influence when these cars actually get built. I personally got to watch some people with stock orders that got built after mine get their cars almost 6 weeks ahead of mine because of the QA holds and others who were getting customer orders getting theirs first. Boy was that annoying :-)

For right now, when the guides and pricing get out, I figure I will have expressed my interest enough that the dealership has one order with my specs, and I may or may not get it, depending on what decisions they make on price. And that will get set based on their allocations or what is projected to be availability.

It's all part of the "fun" of trying to order early in the cycle of a limited edition car. It could be worse!

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
Everybody has a different method when it comes to ordering a special edition vehicle. I'd say from my experiences that Mustang1260 is pretty accurate with the description above.

The dealership where I buy isn't a large dealership, and I'm not the first one to get whatever car I've ordered over the years, which include ordering a 12 Boss, and a 17 Shelby, and buying from stock an 08 Bullitt that had sat for a long time. I've established a relationship with them over the years buying my rigs and my wife's rigs there over the years, and that have floated over to getting to know the service manager, etc. I've had really good service for the small issues that I've had, and feel like I've been treated well on trade-ins, etc. I'm seriously considering trading for one of these, but I'm going to wait a bit until the initial commotion dies down- depending on trade values.

My 12 Boss took 8 months from order date to arrival, the Shelby showed up much quicker than that.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am still somewhat interested in the new Bullitt. My understanding is that it is not a limited edition. Is this correct? I suppose they could be numbered, just not limited. Tony, do you or Greg know about this? Also on another thread it was stated that the Bullitt will be a special edition and possibly produced next MY again like the GT/CS.

Last edited:

MoBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I am still somewhat interested in the new Bullitt. My understanding is that it is not a limited edition. Is this correct? I suppose they could be numbered, just not limited. Tony, do you or Greg know about this? Also on another thread it was stated that the Bullitt will be a special edition and possibly produced next MY again like the GT/CS.
From all I've seen it will be limited in that it will be limited to a 2-year run of 2019 and 2020.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
From all I've seen it will be limited in that it will be limited to a 2-year run of 2019 and 2020.
Yes, 2 yrs! We'll see where the bucks end up!! Any thoughts????

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I see this is getting very interesting. From what I have read in the threads no one mentioned if there were going to be an ADM. Did anyone hear back from any dealers if they plan to have a markup and if so how much?

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Like MoBullitt said, two years of production for the S550 Bullitt. Don't know how many they are planning to build, but considering how much media presence this car has received since January, I'm expecting if you want one you will be able to get one. Similar to the current GT350.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
We expect them to have a chassis number because of the plates in the dash. And yes, as DABKO said, if you want one, you should be able to get one. And the way I view the use of the word "limited" is that it is a lesser number than the mainstream EcoBoost or GT Mustangs. It is NOT a Ford Performance variant.

Until we see orders guides/prices and the ordering system gets updated, we are all just speculating about how many there will be.

My personal guess is that between the 2 model years and it being sold outside of North America in (including a RHD variant), you will see over 10,000 of these cars available.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Again, just speculation but based upon past history if they go for a 2 yr run you should have NO problem getting one. Sales of the 09 were way off the 08 sales. In reality- only so much of a market. Now if you want a 19 and one of the first ones then you may see the adm stuff....but if your willing to be a little patient it should not be an issue.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I agree on waiting a bit.....why spend more than we have to?? I am torn, I want one ...bad !! But I see it also comes in Black, as before!! I could keep my "Black Magic" plates !!..but, the real car was Green, so I don't know what to do?

PLUS...I still love my 2015 with only 16,000 miles and the Mods I've made so far!!! Up in the air they say!!

Is the exhaust a more deeper, mellow, Muscle sound I'm hearing from the few videos out there?? ..yes, it will be available all over the world!!!! cant wait myself!! There should be one at our Vancouver Show..I'm going April 1st.
Sponsored