Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt- my post wasn’t directed at you but the general flow of misinformation that comes up whenever a new Bullitt hits the Mustang world. But if you feel insulted you have my apology but i also need to state/ask as do not recall you being on IMBOC when the 01s were fresh...nor with the release of the 08s.

As for 68s there are very few out there in original from with original mufflers. And hearing two engines hours apart is not a great test.

Again, not a put down but back up your excitment and learn the history of these cars. There is extensive information out there on Ford’s use of the sound track in developing the 08 sound. Did you ask the Ford engineer’s if they used those sound tracks in tuning the 19?Ford spent a bunch of money in developing the reference sound profiles thus it would be interesting to learn if they used them again for the 19 or started fresh—did you ask, did you know enough to ask.

And hearing a lot of 68s, sorry but no. I was on the street when they first ran.....AND they didnt sound like the McQueen car! The cars used in the movie were highly modified with milled heads and a racing cam in stalled thus sounding nothing like a stock 68 390. My first car was my father’s old 1963 Thunderbird with a 390. It was later replaced by a used 69 390 Torino (dirt cheap in the mid to late 79s).

Again, your excitement is wonderful but please take the time to really learn the history of these cars.
More backhanded insults I see lol. Again, yes I know how Ford used a "specially mastered DVD" in the development of the 08 exhaust to get a close sound. That is exactly why I asked the chief engineer in Detroit if they modified this exhaust like the last 2 times, he said no. So yes, I "knew enough to ask that". I don't need to have been on IMBOC 10 or 17 years ago to know the unique things about those cars. I've done my reading. So again, please give me a little more credit.

Regarding the 68, the movie car didn't have original mufflers either, and had essentially a straight piped exhaust like many of the 68s out there. I know what a 390 sounds like. The 68 I heard a few days ago was THE car used in filming and driven by Steve McQueen. The owner went to great pains to preserve the car where possible and make sure anything that had to be replaced was replaced with a period-correct part that is identical to the movie set up. Even the tires on the car are something that took him a very long time to research and get the right ones.

But I get it, you have to have the upper hand so I'll let keep addressing me like I'm some clueless dummy that just learned about Bullitt yesterday... :headbonk:
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ok
Time to bring the giggling down a wee bit.....lol
I realize many are excited by the 2019 Bullitt. Fantastic. May I suggest those of you new to the Bullitt to take the time between now and production to really learn about the history of the Bullitt from the 68 original to the 01, 08/09, 19/20 tributes.

Both prior Bullitts, 01 and 08/09, had modified exhausts - specifically tuned by Ford to get close to the movie sound. Which is also why it is such a crying shame that beyond stupid nobs bought Bullitts and then pulled the factory exhaust. Thus for the 2019 Ford has done the same- not surprising but just part of the history of this car. And just like before f’ing morons will pull the factory exhaust.....

And more importantly- the sound of the car in the movie is NOT a 390. The ‘sound’ was dubbed in to the audio track. The 01-19 Bullitts are not matched to a 68 390 but to a different Ford engine.

Name the engine and car. Hint— listed to the soundtrack of the movie chase scene, you Do Not double clutch a 68 Mustang.
That whole post is pure elitist.

The Mach1 got a re-tuned exhaust too, but I have never seen a Mach1 owner or fan try to publicly shame another for changing it.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Matt- my post wasn’t directed at you but the general flow of misinformation that comes up whenever a new Bullitt hits the Mustang world. But if you feel insulted you have my apology but i also need to state/ask as do not recall you being on IMBOC when the 01s were fresh...nor with the release of the 08s.

As for 68s there are very few out there in original from with original mufflers. And hearing two engines hours apart is not a great test. But yeah, V8s do live generally in the same sound family- even when modified (excluding fpc).

Again, not a put down but back up your excitment and learn the history of these cars. There is extensive information out there on Ford’s use of the sound track in developing the 08 sound. Did you ask the Ford engineer’s if they used those sound tracks in tuning the 19?Ford spent a bunch of money in developing the reference sound profiles thus it would be interesting to learn if they used them again for the 19 or started fresh—did you ask, did you know enough to ask.

And hearing a lot of 68s, sorry but no. I was on the street when they first ran.....AND they didnt sound like the McQueen car! The cars used in the movie were highly modified with milled heads and a racing cam in stalled thus sounding nothing like a stock 68 390. My first car was my father’s old 1963 Thunderbird with a 390. It was later replaced by a used 69 390 Torino (dirt cheap in the mid to late 79s).

Again, your excitement is wonderful but please take the time to really learn the history of these cars.
Ah, not elitist, elitist asshole that makes assumptions. Got it. :doh:

Please learn when you should stop talking instead of making yourself look worse.
Sponsored