TT019 in Washington DC yesterday

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
TT019 was in Washington DC yesterday at Ford's government office there for an event for the Washington Automotive Press Association. It was a cloudy day so the paint looked dark but it was still awesome to see one of these on the street in person. I have a quick little start-up and rev video I'll share tomorrow.
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 9.12.48 AM copy.jpg
IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg
IMG_3534.jpg
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Tracker updated. :coolphotos:

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
My god, that’s beautiful.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Here's a few sound clips from when I saw it. One thing that stood out when he casually drove off is that it actually sounds a decent amount like the 390 in the 1968 model. Not sure if that's part of the tuning or just how all these 2018+ GTs sound with the active exhaust.

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Here's a few sound clips from when I saw it. One thing that stood out when he casually drove off is that it actually sounds a decent amount like the 390 in the 1968 model. Not sure if that's part of the tuning or just how all these 2018+ GTs sound with the active exhaust.
It's missing something Matt, I just can't put my finger one it.

...oh wait, it just needs a Lalo Shafrin soundtrack.. :lol:

Seriously, I kept waiting for the bass/drums/horns ("Shifting Gears") to kick in. I think it sounds a lot like the 390. Very, very cool.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
They did a good job of almost making that "hollow", not sure how else to describe it, sound that older push rods have.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
They did a good job of almost making that "hollow", not sure how else to describe it, sound that older push rods have.
Yeah exactly. This car just gets better and better the more that's revealed about it. :love:

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Yeah exactly. This car just gets better and better the more that's revealed about it. :love:
I'm looking forward to watching your Youtube videos you do on it, including the full review of course.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I can't wait for the first video of someone ripping by in it at full throttle.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm looking forward to watching your Youtube videos you do on it, including the full review of course.
There WILL be lots of giggling.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Ok
Time to bring the giggling down a wee bit.....lol
I realize many are excited by the 2019 Bullitt. Fantastic. May I suggest those of you new to the Bullitt to take the time between now and production to really learn about the history of the Bullitt from the 68 original to the 01, 08/09, 19/20 tributes.

Both prior Bullitts, 01 and 08/09, had modified exhausts - specifically tuned by Ford to get close to the movie sound. Which is also why it is such a crying shame that beyond stupid nobs bought Bullitts and then pulled the factory exhaust. Thus for the 2019 Ford has done the same- not surprising but just part of the history of this car. And just like before f’ing morons will pull the factory exhaust.....

And more importantly- the sound of the car in the movie is NOT a 390. The ‘sound’ was dubbed in to the audio track. The 01-19 Bullitts are not matched to a 68 390 but to a different Ford engine.

Name the engine and car. Hint— listed to the soundtrack of the movie chase scene, you Do Not double clutch a 68 Mustang.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ok
Time to bring the giggling down a wee bit.....lol
I realize many are excited by the 2019 Bullitt. Fantastic. May I suggest those of you new to the Bullitt to take the time between now and production to really learn about the history of the Bullitt from the 68 original to the 01, 08/09, 19/20 tributes.

Both prior Bullitts, 01 and 08/09, had modified exhausts - specifically tuned by Ford to get close to the movie sound. Which is also why it is such a crying shame that beyond stupid nobs bought Bullitts and then pulled the factory exhaust. Thus for the 2019 Ford has done the same- not surprising but just part of the history of this car. And just like before f’ing morons will pull the factory exhaust.....

And more importantly- the sound of the car in the movie is NOT a 390. The ‘sound’ was dubbed in to the audio track. The 01-19 Bullitts are not matched to a 68 390 but to a different Ford engine.

Name the engine and car. Hint— listed to the soundtrack of the movie chase scene, you Do Not double clutch a 68 Mustang.
Why the need to correct and be patronizing all the time? I think you underestimate how Bullitt-crazy I am lol. I'm aware of the changes to the exhaust to the 01s and 08s. :doh: I personally talked to Carl Widmann in Detroit at the 2019 reveal and asked him this point blank and he said the active exhaust is the same as the 2018 GT, just coated with the NitroPlate black coating. He said the sound changes for this car come from the intake manifold and other engine related tuning, not from an exhaust design change.

I'm also aware that most of the movie car's sound was dubbed in. That's the high speed stuff. The low speed driving sounds were from the actual 390. Look at when Steve first gets into the car, spots the Charger and drives off. That sound was a real 390, as I've heard plenty of 390s in person and they sound identical. That was the comparison I was making to the sound I heard this week from the 2019 car. In fact, I heard the original 390 Bullitt Mustang and the 2019 within hours of each other, the similarities are there.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Matt- my post wasn’t directed at you but the general flow of misinformation that comes up whenever a new Bullitt hits the Mustang world. But if you feel insulted you have my apology but i also need to state/ask as do not recall you being on IMBOC when the 01s were fresh...nor with the release of the 08s.

As for 68s there are very few out there in original from with original mufflers. And hearing two engines hours apart is not a great test. But yeah, V8s do live generally in the same sound family- even when modified (excluding fpc).

Again, not a put down but back up your excitment and learn the history of these cars. There is extensive information out there on Ford’s use of the sound track in developing the 08 sound. Did you ask the Ford engineer’s if they used those sound tracks in tuning the 19?Ford spent a bunch of money in developing the reference sound profiles thus it would be interesting to learn if they used them again for the 19 or started fresh—did you ask, did you know enough to ask.

And hearing a lot of 68s, sorry but no. I was on the street when they first ran.....AND they didnt sound like the McQueen car! The cars used in the movie were highly modified with milled heads and a racing cam in stalled thus sounding nothing like a stock 68 390. My first car was my father’s old 1963 Thunderbird with a 390. It was later replaced by a used 69 390 Torino (dirt cheap in the mid to late 79s).

Again, your excitement is wonderful but please take the time to really learn the history of these cars.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
We could use a reference system for all things Bullitt! (Hint hint)

Books, videos, sites etc would be a great start.
Sponsored