Sponsored

Shadow Black 2019 Bullitt Mustang Spied

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
As much as a Bullitt should be Highland Green, that black car...damn!
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The black Bullitt is gorgeous , but it needs chrome Crager S/S wheels or Torque thrust wheels.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
30078109_614197185593103_4356583936210501632_n.jpg

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just don't get the hype about the Bullitt...that green is just awful in my opinion. Sacrilege, I know but I just don't see it.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I just don't get the hype about the Bullitt...that green is just awful in my opinion. Sacrilege, I know but I just don't see it.
I don't mind the green, but it's just about time Ford put the special edition Bullitt's out to pasture. Hopefully, this is the third and final one. It's really all about Ford marketing and another opportunity for dealers to charge an ADM to those dumb enough to pay it. Ford folks don't talk about the fact the stunt drivers in the 440 Magnum Charger had to keep backing off the power to keep it from catching up to the Mustang GT during the chase filming. Wonder how many members here are old enough to have seen Bullitt at a theatre in 1968. I'm one.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Black looks great with the chrome accents, just don't call it a Bullitt car.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion the Highland Green '18 Bullitt doesn't look right (I've seen one in person too). The red caliper covers and the bright wheel rims just do not flow. I think it has to do with trying to create a retro car with all the important cosmetic features ppl are looking for in a Bullitt, while making it modern. I'll give that it is a tightrope walk. To me, this black car looks better but it isn't particularly special looking. I think Ford either has to kill the nameplate or reinvent the way it looks. I am glad to see they are bumping the performance to give it substance.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The odds are great that the 2019-20 is the end of the line for the Bullitt.....(but the never say never).
The sad thing (to me and this is my opinion only) most do not understand the Bullitt, the interest, the history. Thus you had 3 colors in 01 and 2 colors since--dealers and the public like color choice. I personally feel that Ford should not sell Bullitts (nor any speciality model) to first time new Mustang buyers...and buyers must pass a knowledge test before being sold car.

Nothing I hate more then buyers F'ING UP limited edition cars.....history has shown that such buyers keep the car a year or two and then sell it in on in a ruined state with original parts missing. The point being it has 20 more hp and the posers just have to have the newest greatest thing because that extra 20 hp will prove they are a real man. For those girls I hope they buy black.

ok back to my main point--this is a fantasy car...a car born out of a 50 yr old movie. Part of the mystert is that the movie Mustang was "missing"....a legend....a story.....the subject of magazine articles, chit chat at car shows...even a story line in a TV show (Blue Bloods). Thus Ford came up with a tribute car......a car that reminds the buyer of the original.....but as the tributes (01, 08,09, 19, 20) are not 68s they can never be the real thing...

Well....the original 68s have been found. I'm happy....but like finding the Titanic....a mystery solved but a mystery lost.... with the real 68 now out in the open....the tributes become a little less compelling....but note I'm still buying one. Thus I suspect this may be the end of the road. And Ford did a good job with the 19 in tying the 3 versions together--different but with some common themes--and there are guys out there who will own all 3, at the same time. Thus the 19 has ties to the 08 (open mouth with the chrome ring and faux gas cap) as well as ties to the original 01 with the red brake calipers. Those red brake calipers are a clear tie in to the 01. If they bother you...hey everyone has different tastes but....the solution is simple- buy a different car.

end of rant...lol

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I don't see how the cars being found changes how compelling it is at all.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
It looks good, but why not just get a black gt with black accent package and save 7-8k? True it won't be a bullitt, but I'm leaning towards another automatic and the bullitt should be green anyway. Add a couple mods like a cai and tune and it would be pretty damn close.
Sponsored