Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Some pictures with the top down (finally) ... note the snow in the background; it's still melting. Temps were in the high 50's and sunny this weekend.
20180422_175358.jpg
20180422_175403.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the garage for now....
20180416_152030.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A thought: you may look into the revised version of the Blowfish bracket instead of replacing the tail bushing.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A thought: you may look into the revised version of the Blowfish bracket instead of replacing the tail bushing.
Hey Brian,
can you please clarify? Not sure what you are referring to?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Brian,
can you please clarify? Not sure what you are referring to?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87666

https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/104-2015-mustang-v6gtecoboost-shifter-support-bracket.html

Definitely quite a bit easier to install than a full shifter swap. Seems the V2 has fixed some of the minor NVH. It basically makes the stock shifter transmission mount, rather than body mount. No change in shift efforts/throw, but more precision and no lockouts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87666

https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/104-2015-mustang-v6gtecoboost-shifter-support-bracket.html

Definitely quite a bit easier to install than a full shifter swap. Seems the V2 has fixed some of the minor NVH. It basically makes the stock shifter transmission mount, rather than body mount. No change in shift efforts/throw, but more precision and no lockouts.
Thanks Brian,
I have purchased the steeda bushing plate along with the BG Synchro fluid.. going to try that first. If unhappy will definitely look into the blowfish

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Back in the garage for now....
I like the pic of the car with the snowblower included. :cheers:

I told my wife, when I retire, I am gonna throw my snowblower in the back of my truck and drive south. When someone askes me “Whats that thing in the back of your truck?” I am gonna say...... “I AM HOME!!!! “. :lol:

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like the pic of the car with the snowblower included. :cheers:

I told my wife, when I retire, I am gonna throw my snowblower in the back of my truck and drive south. When someone askes me “Whats that thing in the back of your truck?” I am gonna say...... “I AM HOME!!!! “. :lol:
I'm with you on that one Derek! :thumbsup::cheers:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
If there is one cliche saying in life that holds true it's "Never Say Never"
After much discussion and debate over the winter I decided to trade "Hidalgo" my 2016 DIB GT Coupe in for a 2017 Convertible. I was originally on the fence between keeping the coupe or upgrading to the GT350. The more I was able to work thru my initial reasons for purchasing the coupe and what I ultimately wanted to use it for, it became clear at this stage in my life that I wanted something I could enjoy with the family. The Convertible fits that role. So thus starts the new project build of "Hidalgo V2"
Here are some initial pictures after picking her up at the dealership in March. We had 2 weeks of glorious weather (above 50 degrees) and now have been in a deep freeze with snow flurries this past week. Ironically I did not get any pics with the top down... will post some once the weather turns nicer.
My wife and I both fell in love with the California Special package as everything ties in well with the black accents and unique exterior and interior touches.
The California Special Edition includes: 19" ebony black painted machined aluminum wheels, performance front splitter, custom black grill with tri-bar pony logo, hood and side stripes, strut tower brace, custom painted black raised decklid spoiler, black painted hood vents and side view mirrors, unique rear deck lide faux gas cap GT logo, unique dark taillamp bezels, leather trimmed seats with Miko suede inserts/custom red accent stitching, diamond plate aluminum instrument panel trim, and premium front floor mats with red stitching.

Modifications installed and/or planned include:
Full Paint Correction
Xpel Film on Front Bumper Fascia
Modesta Ceramic Coating
BMR Lowering Springs
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
Steeda Vertical Links
Steeda Subframe alignment kit
Steeda Shifter Base Bushing Bracket
BG Syncro Shift II Transmission Oil
Billet Aluminum Clutch Pedal Extension
Sto and Show Front License Plate Bracket
Lloyds Tri-Bar Pony Trunk Mat
-
-
Awesome choice Lorne! Glad you got what you really wanted! Will be a beast when you are done with it!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a Wind Deflector this weekend. Super excited to get this installed as soon as possible. We finally had some nice weather this weekend with temps in the high 50's almost hitting 60. Hwy driving was still a bit chilly, mainly due to the wind. It was a good before the wind deflector test; looking forward to improved comfort during early and late season driving with this installed.

How does the wind deflector work for you? Have thought about this one multiple times, but would not block the wind between the seats. Interested as it looks nice with the Plexiglas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Chris! appreciate all of your feedback and answering my questions about owning a vert prior to my decision. I actually received the wind deflector on Friday. I had a very busy weekend and have not installed it yet. Hoping to get that done this week sometime. I asked a lot of questions when i talked with the vendor and according to their experience this is supposed to eliminate all of the back draft of wind that is experienced during hwy driving. This includes the channel of wind that gusts between the center console and the seats. I looked at the Love the Drive unit, but did not want something that would cover up the back seats as we will have our kids back there occasionally and did not want to be taking the deflector on and off. The other unit clipped on using straps into the sides of the seats and looked kind of awkward to remove. I also liked the idea of the plexiglass with the logo and illumination. Just something different to set it apart. I was originally looking at the illuminated rear deck lid badges from Xlum, but this will be even better. I will post my observations once I have it installed and given it a full test.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Chris! appreciate all of your feedback and answering my questions about owning a vert prior to my decision. I actually received the wind deflector on Friday. I had a very busy weekend and have not installed it yet. Hoping to get that done this week sometime. I asked a lot of questions when i talked with the vendor and according to their experience this is supposed to eliminate all of the back draft of wind that is experienced during hwy driving. This includes the channel of wind that gusts between the center console and the seats. I looked at the Love the Drive unit, but did not want something that would cover up the back seats as we will have our kids back there occasionally and did not want to be taking the deflector on and off. The other unit clipped on using straps into the sides of the seats and looked kind of awkward to remove. I also liked the idea of the plexiglass with the logo and illumination. Just something different to set it apart. I was originally looking at the illuminated rear deck lid badges from Xlum, but this will be even better. I will post my observations once I have it installed and given it a full test.
Sounds good! More than happy to help you out! Also interested in what the deflector does to the wind in the back seat area. Does it make it more turbulent or calm it down back there as well? I also have kids and would be interested in what you find. Thanks in advance! :) :cheers:

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any pictures since installing the BMR springs?

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any pictures since installing the BMR springs?
hello, I actually have not gotten to taking any pictures yet. My "Mustang Life" has been on hold due to several work emergencies (I am in IT) I have encountered. I will tell you that the stance is great....not the same as my coupe when I put on the eibach pro kit, but perfect for the Vert in my opinion. The Performance Shop where I had it installed took a bunch of pictures and I am still waiting on getting those. I have to take it back to the performance shop on Monday due to some noise coming from the springs/suspension. I spoke with Kelly from BMR and he said it is most likely a bushing that has to be reset.
Many times, it is simply due to not loosening all of the suspension pivot point bolts, and re-torquing them to their specific TA values when the car is sitting on all (4) wheels/tires - loaded.
I can see if I can take some pictures as well here soon as I am able.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the BRM SP763 lowering springs installed. I like the stance, ride quality. I am having an issue with a loud squeaking noise coming from the back. I thought it was the springs at first. Took it in to my shop and it turns out it is coming from the Steeda Vertical Links I just had installed. The passenger rear side , apparently the noise is caused by the lower control arm bushing of the vertical link. I took these off of my 2016 coupe. I called Steeda and they are sending me some of their special waterproof grease and some extra washers. I will have the shop grease and refit both as well as put it on a drive on lift to relax all suspension components and re torque. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.
1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
Sponsored