Sponsored

Bullitt: GT350 Mani but 0TQ loss?

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I wasn't aware of that, what exactly is the benefit of the 350 mani then? I thought, perhaps wrongly, that it would allow for an extended power band, not a loss.
It does allow for a broader power band.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I talked to Carl Widmann (chief engineer) about this yesterday at an event to try and get a little more clarification about this. I asked if it'll feel a little like the GT350 with less low end torque and he said no, still the same low end torque, but that the Bullitt just breathes better than the regular GT and as such, they could tune it differently and I think if I understood him correctly, that torque figure just continues for a longer amount of the rev range instead of dropping off earlier in the GT. I still was confused a little but maybe this gives a slightly better idea. :shrug:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
, still the same low end torque, but that the Bullitt just breathes better than the regular GT and as such, they could tune it differently
This is good news!
If I understand him correctly, if you over layed a stock GT and a Bullitt Dyno graph, you would see the same hp/tq down low and then the Bullitt would pull harder from the midrange on up to redline. It’s going to be a ripper! :ford:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This is good news!
If I understand him correctly, if you over layed a stock GT and a Bullitt Dyno graph, you would see the same hp/tq down low and then the Bullitt would pull harder from the midrange on up to redline. It’s going to be a ripper! :ford:
Yeah I think that was the basic takeaway. He also said all GTs including the Bullitt have a 7,500 rpm redline, I thought it was 7,400. Either way, with the higher horsepower and broader torque range, the Bullitt should definitely rip harder than a regular GT!

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Anyone drive their Bullitt, head-to-head, against a GT350? Straight line pulls and such.
Sponsored