Sponsored

Bullitt Engine Pics - TT0018 at Atlanta

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A blacked out faux gas cap would have been the ultimate reference to the original Bullitt.
Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Like back when they added all the SMOG Controls!
Yup exactly! Ford has never been particularly good at routing all these hoses in a clean manner. The engine cover and coil covers at least helped hide some of that mess. Speaking of mess, the hose routing they did under the hood of my F150 leaves me smdh! Zero F@(ks Given! Don't even get me started on the battery sitting cockeyed to make room for the window washer fluid filler neck. My OCD goes ape shit every time I see that.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I must be the only one that likes the faux gas cap decklid. I love it and wouldn't want it any other way since it ties into the other retro cues. If they hadn't put a faux gas cap on the back, I would have installed one from a 16-17 California Special or a Euro GT.
No you're not the only one. :thumbsup:

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Haha that would have been amazing.

Yeah, I'm quite relieved they ditched the huge engine cover, now there will be something to look at when it's popped at car shows instead of just a big piece of plastic.
Yeah that huge engine cover makes it look like you have a damn crab hiding under your hood. Unfortunately now you get to look at the bundle of hoses going every which way. Upon further inspection, I don't see any provisions for adding coil covers to this new Coyote engine. If that's the case that's a bummer cuz imo they complete the clean look underhood. Those new coil packs look massive!
Sponsored