PP2 real life pictures

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Actually, the PP2 package is a limited availability package. I don't know what kind of quantities are planned, but Magneride as well is a controlled commodity option with limited availability. I haven't seen many sitting on lots, and any that are dealer stock orders seem to be going pretty quickly. As for price, my retail order MY18 301A with PP2, active exhaust, and cloth Recaros stickered for $47,080. I bought it for $42,500 less $3,000 rebate and $750 private cash for a net price (before TTL) of $38,750. I think I did pretty well on price, particularly since I was one of those who ordered free Recaros and Ford started charging for them before I took delivery. My dealer went above and beyond and ate the cost of the Recaros in hopes that they could get the money back from Ford. I need to find out how that eventually worked out for them. I'm guessing those you are seeing are net of the current rebates (still $3,000 in my area).
Thank you, you did very well IMO. I’m looking for essentially the same optioned vehicle you own so that helps.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone!

Just picked my 2018 PP2 a couple days ago! Really excited about it!

Hoping to do a HPDE in a couple of weeks. Planning on taking it nice and easy! With that said, do I need to flush brake fluid and change brake pads for more track-centric set-up? Like I said, I won't be driving terribly hard, but I do want to enjoy the car without experiencing brake fade.

And guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Try asking in the Road course / track / autox / hpde subforum.

You could flush the brake fluid, but the stock PP pads should be ok if you take it a little easy.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Actually, the PP2 package is a limited availability package. I don't know what kind of quantities are planned, but Magneride as well is a controlled commodity option with limited availability. I haven't seen many sitting on lots, and any that are dealer stock orders seem to be going pretty quickly. As for price, my retail order MY18 301A with PP2, active exhaust, and cloth Recaros stickered for $47,080. I bought it for $42,500 less $3,000 rebate and $750 private cash for a net price (before TTL) of $38,750. I think I did pretty well on price, particularly since I was one of those who ordered free Recaros and Ford started charging for them before I took delivery. My dealer went above and beyond and ate the cost of the Recaros in hopes that they could get the money back from Ford. I need to find out how that eventually worked out for them. I'm guessing those you are seeing are net of the current rebates (still $3,000 in my area).
I read it was 1500 per year. Don’t think they got there in 2018 though.

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
My rebates were $3,000 in Iowa.

I just installed these: https://zl1addons.com/

Very easy to install and very nice quality. Definitely help with the rocks being thrown on the front of the rear fenders!

OP
OP
Prokiller

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i also went with the ZL1addons rock guards but only on the front because of the tire poke

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Has anyone installed any stone guards on their PP2? If so, which are you using? Pics please!
I gotta see pics too. I got 2 rock chips on my passenger side rear and 1 on the driver side. I do too many power shifts and hard launches.

BTW Continental makes a 295/35/19 now in their new Extreme Contact Sport. I'm still thinking MPSS in 305/35/19. My neighbor just got a 2018 PP1 and the car just looks better with some sidewall.
Pix of the ZL1 Addons option here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2257626#post2257626

Montducati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor and 2016 - Shelby GT350
I ran a set of these on my GTO. For the price, they are a pretty good value tire. They are really good through the first 1/3 tread life. Then they start to lose a little dry grip and get rather loud. Wet grip is not the best, but they will get you by. Sidewalls also seem to be a little on the softer side. I considered them for the Mustang just because of the price point, but opted for Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions instead. I'm very happy with the Bridgestones so far and would rate them above the Hankooks. I'd expect 30K miles out of either tire, but I'm hoping the last 15K is a little better from the Bridgestones. Time will tell. Tires typically seem to be one of those "you get what you pay for" items.
I had the Potenza S-04’s on my 2015 Audi S4, great handling and wearing tire for the price

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Front only here too so far. I think they look great and i appreciate the peace of mind. I bought them a week before the car even arrived thanks to lurking on this site:cheers:. I also have the rear but haven't had time to install yet, I think the rear wheels may have to come off and I don't know if they are quite the necessity that the front are. Are people getting chips in the back too?
1530073221.20180626_211606-1024x1365x.jpg

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Front only here too so far. I think they look great and i appreciate the peace of mind. I bought them a week before the car even arrived thanks to lurking on this site:cheers:. I also have the rear but haven't had time to install yet, I think the rear wheels may have to come off and I don't know if they are quite the necessity that the front are. Are people getting chips in the back too?
I managed to mount the rear guards without removing the wheels. Trial fit everything, measure, use making tape as a guide to mark the block mounting locations on the flap, drill and mount the blocks to the flap, and then carefully mount the assembled blocks/flap to the car. Honestly though, it would would probably be faster to just remove the rear wheels and follow the included instructions.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
mvfjet and 2018OFPP1?2, thank you both, I'll be installing the rear ASAP! Had the car two days and already have a big chip right in front of the hood on the grill, don't want any more.

To shift gears for a sec, has anyone installed wheel locks? Which ones? I think about how much money is on the ground and how easy they would be to steal every time I park the car....

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
mvfjet and 2018OFPP1?2, thank you both, I'll be installing the rear ASAP! Had the car two days and already have a big chip right in front of the hood on the grill, don't want any more.

To shift gears for a sec, has anyone installed wheel locks? Which ones? I think about how much money is on the ground and how easy they would be to steal every time I park the car....
I think Ford has a wheel lock kit for the PP2. Need to follow up on this as well. If anyone has the part number, please post it up.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)

Mine came with wheel locks, but probably dealer installed as a lot of dealerships now days put them on to reduce liability for insurance. At least once a year you'd hear about a series of vans pulling into a dealership taking rims, dealership finding a few dozen cars sitting on 4x4 blocks the next morning. I'm not sure if there any special kit needed other than the standard one, will look in my glove box tonight, as I believe the packaging with the adapter piece is in there still.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I managed to mount the rear guards without removing the wheels. Trial fit everything, measure, use making tape as a guide to mark the block mounting locations on the flap, drill and mount the blocks to the flap, and then carefully mount the assembled blocks/flap to the car. Honestly though, it would would probably be faster to just remove the rear wheels and follow the included instructions.
Just mounted the rear, I cheated and peeled about a 1/8" strip from the tape and stuck the mounting blocks, marked the holes, pulled them off to drill. Then screwed them on to the flap in their respective positions, peeled the tape, and pulled it tight against the inner well. Perfect! Used a 1\4" ratchet and socket with a Phillips head bit to tighten all the way. Easy peasy!
20180627_195615-1024x1365.jpg

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase