Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

HaximusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT-PP
Awesome thanks for the clarification.

Is the Steeda hose EPDM? Hard to tell from the markings.

Picked up some marine fuel hose this morning but with the plastic liner I don’t want to use it on plastic fittings. Summit has the Tilton (EPDM) hose for less than $5 but it’s $12 with shipping. Steeda’s is $10 but almost $18 with shipping. I know that’s splitting hairs but I hate paying as much or more for shipping as the part, just feels wrong.
I had the same hesitation. I don't drive my car very often (2k miles in almost 2 years) so I think I'm going to wait till I'm ready to order a few other things from them.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks for the clarification.

Is the Steeda hose EPDM? Hard to tell from the markings.

Picked up some marine fuel hose this morning but with the plastic liner I don’t want to use it on plastic fittings. Summit has the Tilton (EPDM) hose for less than $5 but it’s $12 with shipping. Steeda’s is $10 but almost $18 with shipping. I know that’s splitting hairs but I hate paying as much or more for shipping as the part, just feels wrong.
There is a free shipping option...I just ordered one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I too had to cut my hose which is no big deal. Only thing that was troublesome was the firewall line is very hard to get your hand in there and I can't get the clamp on tight. The clamp can easily rotate. Might have to find a stronger buddy to give it a go.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to share a video we put together of the install:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]sBXH8SPhvJM[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Glad I checked mine... it was about 90% off! I slipped it back on and put on a .20 cent zebra clamp. Good to go forever I hope.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Ended up purchasing a line from Steeda today. Mine slowly is seeping from the bottom connection. Better to replace now then regret it later.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Please look at the following photos for clarification.

Please Inspect Your Mustangs ASAP.
Thanks for posting this one. I just checked mine. The hose was pulled back slightly like the second picture. I was able to push it back on like the first picture but it took a bit of prodding. The reservoir was filled to normal levels and the hose itself was dry. My wiggling it did not provoke any drips or seepage so I'm happy about that. I never felt anything in the way of a click that might imply it was mechanically snapped in place. It's felt more like it's a friction connection and not a hard mechanical one. It took some pressure to get it to slide up and the first time I tried, when I released it, it rebounded about half way back to where it was. I pushed it all the way up a second time and held it for a few seconds. This time, when I released the pressure, it stayed put.

This is something I'll obviously keep an eye on but my initial impression is that it was probably like this from the factory.

FWIW,
Steve R.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have a way of installing the Steeda line WITHOUT the brake fluid gushing all over the engine compartment? How were you able to capture it in that small a space?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This (Steeda line) has easily been THE BEST "mod" I've done to my car. My clutch feel was absolute shit and I was embarrassed having other people in the car with me. Driving my car was such a chore. Just replacing the line has completely transformed my clutch feel and I really enjoy the car now.

Only thing I'm going to do now is add some heat shielding around it.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Anybody have a way of installing the Steeda line WITHOUT the brake fluid gushing all over the engine compartment? How were you able to capture it in that small a space?
Mighty Vac FTW.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hardly anything comes out. Keep the cap on and put some paper towels below where the line is to catch anything that comes out of the line.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I installed my line today, a bunch of fluid came out. Easy enough to wash away, but yeah not ideal... I should have used a turkey baster to remove fluid. Oh well.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This unit is selling nicely - we appreciate your support & bringing this to our attention!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored