Sponsored

Adding BMR Springs, should I upgrade front struts?

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I picked up the BMR front minimal drop springs & BMR rear drag springs. I will be changing the springs out in 2 weeks.

My question is: Should I go ahead and upgrade the front struts/shocks while they are in there doing the same labor anyway? I think the only additional cost will be the additional struts/shocks.

I was thinking about maybe adding the Steeda Pro Action Front shocks, they are only $260 right now.

The car is a daily driver and I will never track it (road course, autocross). I'm not really interested in high speed cornering. I'm more interested in straight line performance with an occasional trip to the 1/4 mile strip club.

I will also be adding: BMR cradle lock out, Steeda cradle alignment kit, Viking Crusader rear drag shocks, Steeda rear lower control arm bearings.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is your car a PP car? Those springs were tuned for the PP dampers and work quite well with them. If no, I'd honestly grab the whole set of 4 fixed pro-actions given it's only another $110 over the fronts alone. New PP rear shocks are $60 each, so...

OP
OP
Built4Speed

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Is your car a PP car? Those springs were tuned for the PP dampers and work quite well with them. If no, I'd honestly grab the whole set of 4 fixed pro-actions given it's only another $110 over the fronts alone. New PP rear shocks are $60 each, so...
I have a non-PP GT (premium if that makes a difference). I am putting Viking crusader drag shocks on the rear.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a non-PP GT (premium if that makes a difference). I am putting Viking crusader drag shocks on the rear.
Oh, well in that case, yeah go for the Steeda Fixed fronts. That'll be a great setup.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Definitely swap out everything you might want to do at the same time. It will save a bunch of time. I stupidly did springs, then realized I wanted to upgrade the struts/shocks to PP and had to basically do an entire spring install a second time.
Sponsored