2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Does getting this tune still allow use of 87 octane gas? I want extra power but would hate to be forced to run premium worth the amount of miles i put on.
No, 91 minimum required with the tune
Sponsored

WARHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
40 ft/lbs at 1500RPMs? I have a Steeda intake and tune and while I love the firmer shifts w/ auto and throttle feel and is much stronger, it in no way feels like 40 ft/lbs of TQ at 1500.
What's the trick?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Would it be wise to take off a JMS Pedalmax if going for pack 1 or 2?

Are you able to specify you want a tune for 93, since we have that readily available here?

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Are you able to specify you want a tune for 93, since we have that readily available here?
They are canned tunes for each pack, not custom tuning where you can request specific requirements.
No need to remove the pedalmax. Will probably compliment the tune nicely.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red

I have lund flex fuel tune and decided to try it on with the tune...

It makes a significant difference (positively) keeping it on, I have the dial knob- so it's easy to notice the throttle response difference

Keep it, you'll enjoy it along the new tune you're getting

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Going to do the Stage 1 after the Stage 3 pricing was announced to be quite deep in supercharger savings territory with install. Also sounds like the TracKey and TrackCal will truly be for Track Use only this year.
My biggest question is how does the exhaust sound with the Stage 1 tune? Tunes change exhaust characteristics more than exhaust components do. If it creates an even more exotic sound with with more snap, crackle and pops on my X-Pipe/Roush AB I'm all in.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
So much want. But so much don't want to have the dealer install it:(

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Hopefully Levittown does the same discount (26.391%) on the stage 2 ($949) as they do one the stage 1 ($539) that'll make the price $698.55.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
SOME PARTS FROM THE WARRANTY INFO PAGE (link to full document)

Ford Performance Parts Limited Warranty Program

All Ford Performance Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Performance Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

Ford Performance Parts Parts are sold "as is" with no warranty. A Limited Warranty is available for some select parts and will be denoted by the following logo: (BLUE CHECK MARK, wouldn't copy and paste)

Performance Packs and Component Parts

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline
and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Warranty Registration: This Limited Warranty requires that parts must be purchased from an authorized Ford Performance Distributor and installed by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). Proof of purchase is required for submission of warranty claims. Registration for this warranty must be submitted through the Ford Performance Call Center at (800) 367-3788 or [email protected] with the vehicle identification number (VIN), part installation repair order and date, Ford Performance part number, and owner
contact information.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Will these be only available at the Ford dealers?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Will these be only available at the Ford dealers?
No they will be available at many dealers. But if you want the parts covered under warranty they have to be a certified Ford Performance parts dealer. If you don't want the parts to void your new vehicle warranty it has to be installed by one of the ways listed above. In other words dont buy it from JoeBlow917 on eBay and install it yourself if you care about warranties on parts and your drivetrain.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Hopefully things have changed but I had the Ford racing tune on my 2012 GT auto and there was hardly a discernible difference compared to stock. It also pinged. Many others reported ping as well... Definitely wasn't worth it imo. To get the supplemental 3/36 limited Ford Racing warranty, I had to have it installed by a certified dealer and then provide the work order# to Ford Racing from what I remember.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Does anyone know what a dealer will charge for a stage 2 install?