Still no RCA outputs?

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Why won't automakers just add RCA outputs so we can add external amps the right way to our stock head units??? I have been upgrading stereos in my cars since the late 80's and have ways asked this question!
Just don't get it
Sponsored

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Write a letter?

Sorry this wasn't a very productive post. If I knew anything more about stereo system beside volume up and down I would have agreed with you.

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Because there is exactly 0 benefit to them, at an added cost.

Even if it costs them 1 dollar per car to add the rca outputs, at 100k cars.. well you do the math.

It is absolutely not a financially smart move for them to do so, unless ford also owned a stereo company, which they dont.

OP
OP
NewTekBuzz

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Because there is exactly 0 benefit to them, at an added cost.

Even if it costs them 1 dollar per car to add the rca outputs, at 100k cars.. well you do the math.

It is absolutely not a financially smart move for them to do so, unless ford also owned a stereo company, which they dont.
Oh... Didn't think of that :-/
Why did they add Bluetooth connectivity or usb ports? Adding features that ppl want could benefit sales... j/s

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Oh... Didn't think of that :-/
Why did they add Bluetooth connectivity or usb ports? Adding features that ppl want could benefit sales... j/s

Demand/standard expectations for new cars. The percentage of people that want RCA outputs is probably similar to the percentage of people that don't have use for mobile/bluetooth/usb connectivity. I get why they don't do it, but I also understand the desire to have RCA jacks. I can't count how many times I have added line out to RCA adapters to the cars I've owned over my lifetime.
Sponsored