Sponsored

Question for those who installed their own springs

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I don't have a lift so I'm using a floor jack and jack stands. I have one side of the car (driver side) on jack stands so that both the front and the rear wheel are off the ground. For the rear spring, I can't seem to get the sub frame to drop enough to get the spring out. I had been following the CJ video on how to do it and he think he mentions in passing to have both rear wheels off the ground.

My question is for those who have done this using jack stands, did you find that you needed to have both rear wheels off the ground? Has anyone else run into the same issue I'm having? Any other tips?

Thanks!
Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
You need to have the entire car off the ground. The rear subframe has to be free to drop and pivot. With one wheel still on the ground the swaybar will be binding and preventing the amount of drop you need.

OP
OP

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
You need to have the entire car off the ground. The rear subframe has to be free to drop and pivot. With one wheel still on the ground the swaybar will be binding and preventing the amount of drop you need.
Thank you. That's what it looked like but wanted to check. I could tell the rear swaybar was resisting me (and it won).

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
You don't need the entire car off the ground.

Just the end your doing. For the rear, have it up. Loosen all 6 bolts for the cradle, 4 for the shock mounts. Took 30min total. Cjpony parts has a video. Watch it. Very simple
Sponsored