Sponsored

What are some things you DON'T like about the GT350?

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
We've all been gushing over the car, its a stunner. However I'm sure there are things you'd change or don't like. Let's hear em.

Mine are cosmetic:

• Shelby logo in grille and rear end is too small, looks lost back there especially.
  • Not sold on the black mirrors, but in person I could change my mind
  • Stripes may be too skinny, will reserve til I see in person
Sponsored

Reclaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Agree on stripes being too skinny. The blacked out and angled 'Fangs' (not sure what else to call them) in the front bumper. I really like the more vertical fang look on the regular GT.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Narrow stripes as you state. Looks like too much black plastic exterior trim as well. Will be able to see it tomorrow at the LA Auto Show and may have more to add. lol

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
  • Shelby logo in grille and rear end is too small, looks lost back there especially.
  • Not sold on the black mirrors, but in person I could change my mind
  • Stripes may be too skinny, will reserve til I see in person

I don't care about emblems or logos. My car will be black so black mirrors don't matter. I don't like stripes at all.

Still too many things we don't know about the car. Price would be the biggest thing I don't like if it indeed is intended to rival the Z/28. I feel the rear end needs just a touch more distinction from the standard car. The front end looks so good IMO that the rear can be made a tad more aggressive, such as wider fender flares and a larger lip spoiler a la GT500.

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I don't care about emblems or logos. My car will be black so black mirrors don't matter. I don't like stripes at all.

Still too many things we don't know about the car. Price would be the biggest thing I don't like if it indeed is intended to rival the Z/28. I feel the rear end needs just a touch more distinction from the standard car. The front end looks so good IMO that the rear can be made a tad more aggressive, such as wider fender flares and a larger lip spoiler a la GT500.
They've already said this isn't a direct competitor to the z28 so expect it to be priced much lower, the gt350r on the other hand will be and as such it'll most likely come in at slightly cheaper than the z, I too would like a more prominent spoiler

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1) the stripes are out of place on the S550; a retro touch on a modern body.
2) the grille fangs look forced and would be better omitted IMO. Just pure mesh instead.
3) the flatter hood looks so much better than the tumor-like lump that the regular S550's have. It makes the hood look much longer...I'm jealous.

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
1. I can't afford one
2. Stripes could be a little wider
3. I can't afford one

Sponsored

kesbar

Scandinavian Flick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Impreza RSTi
Only that it isn't shipping yet.

I. Love. This. Car.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There isn't anything I don't like about the car... if someone is looking to get a Vette, or a more involved track car... this is it!

Period!

I am just not sure it is for me... and that is what I don't like about it. Not sure I want that/this visceral of a car anymore. The enticing thing with the GT350 for me, is the magnaride dampers, which puts this car in a whole new category and is much more appealing.

FWIW:
Problem is (for me), I'd rather have the whole Shelby GT350 package... but with an engine that I would rather have. A lighter 2.9 liter, bi-turbo with emphasis on weight & throttle control. So as excited as I am about this new Shelby and how eager I am to drive one, I don't think I am a buyer.

On the flip side.. I was waiting for the new BMW M2 to come out, before I cross-shopping the Vette, M2, Cayman, ATS-V, s550 (IRS) & Audi... etc. And the GT350 might nix the vette because I've always wanted as vette with a backseat (aka gt350)

I am holding out for a v6 turbo in SVT form. But if Lincoln debuts an AWD s550 v6 tt, in shooting brake 3-door hatchback @ $60k... I'll be the first in line. As long as the interior is clean like the GT350 & not all gaudy'd up with chrome bits.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Cosmetic only...

1) I like the stripes, even though I would not stripe my own car, because of the hertiage connection. I would add the stripe along the door line (omitting "GT350" since that badge already is on the fender).

2) I would use the "gas cap" with the logo in the small badge on the black decklid trim piece.

White with blue stripes please...

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
There is not much on that car I would change..
why does it have to be so loud? I'd need earplugs to drive it.

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
There is not much on that car I would change..
why does it have to be so loud? I'd need earplugs to drive it.
This may just be the 21 year old in me speaking but if it's too loud ur too old :D
Sponsored