How much should getting the rear LCA bearings swapped cost

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
I'm curious what people are paying to have this done as a way to decide whether I should just man up and do it myself.
Also, if anybody has suggestions on a good shop to bring it to in the west suburbs of Chicago, I'm all ears.
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I'm curious what people are paying to have this done as a way to decide whether I should just man up and do it myself.
Also, if anybody has suggestions on a good shop to bring it to in the west suburbs of Chicago, I'm all ears.
I got quotes from shops with presses and eventually found one that wanted 50 bucks to do the two knuckles and two lower control arms. I helped a bit and it took about an hour and a half to complete the process on a 6 ton Harbor Freight press.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got quotes from shops with presses and eventually found one that wanted 50 bucks to do the two knuckles and two lower control arms. I helped a bit and it took about an hour and a half to complete the process on a 6 ton Harbor Freight press.
I've been quoted $300. Wish I could find a place to do it for $50.

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Are you planning on pull the control arms out yourself and then just having them to the bearings only, or are you wanting to have them do the entire job? It should make a big difference in price.

After doing mine, I can say that you can do it yourself, but not without a press. Even with that, mine needed heat to break the stock bushings loose.

OP
OP
Thub

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
I dont really have a plan. Or more specifically, cost will determine my plan. I've pretty well run the gambit as far as automotive jobs, so I'm confident I 'can' fo it, the price will determine whether I 'want to'

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
I my case, a friend and I did the whole job at his shop. I went there because he has a lift and a press on site. We did a full Ford Track Kit (springs, shocks, bars, toe bearings) plus added the LCA bushings, front chassis brace, and rear subframe brace - the whole job took the two of us about 5 hours and we were experienced mechanics working straight through. If you were doing it solo I would plan on at least 10 hours + whatever arrangements you would need to use a press.
Sponsored