Not open for further replies.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Thanks to Spart, and Hex for all the help!

I purchased a Screen/APIM off LKQ from a wrecked 17 eboost (I have a 15 GT Premium w/o nav. ) for $200... added bonus It had factory Nav, which I didn't know. (Doubt I'd use it much, seeing as I will now have carplay, but its a nice bonus.) I haven't ran into any issues sofar requiring me to edit APIM stats in forscan, i've tested everything and it works 100%.

I followed the instruction provided in the OP, and watched the 4Dtech video as-far as installation. It was extremely straight forward, and I'm someone who despises ripping my panels off . Note - As Hex states in the OP, make sure you order 2 or 3 of the blue/yellow trim panel clips... You may get lucky and not loose/snap yours. I however was not so lucky, so glad that I ordered some just in case.. some of the clips are very tight.

I removed the factory GPS antenna from the metal plate, and applied the new antenna with double sided vehicle tape. GPS works flawlessly .

I have not installed the HUB yet, however thats the easy part.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone know what category the bezel falls under on car-part? I need to pick one up for a friend. Don't care if it has the heated/cooled seats buttons. I know they won't work. Just want it to be cheap.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone know what category the bezel falls under on car-part? I need to pick one up for a friend. Don't care if it has the heated/cooled seats buttons. I know they won't work. Just want it to be cheap.
A/C Heater Control

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Brackets are different between car lines, so you can't install Focus, Fusion into Mustang. However, MFT or Sync 3 Mustang brackets are all the same. APIM's are all the same no matter which car. ACM's are NOT

MS-CAN is no longer used on my Sync 3 harness for Mustang only. Other cars and MFT may sill use it. When I started the harnesses the Ford published literature I had clearly showed that it was necessary. Zack has looked into it and concluded that it is not. With my new partner in the harness manufacturing I am hoping to slowly branch out to ther Fords who are in need of the Sync 3 swap. If anyone has a base Fusion, F150, Fiesta or Focus please let me know. I will always provide a "finders fee" for assistance.
I have been finding parts for people and sending them to you for the harness. I've already sent 2 your way so where's my finders fees ;)

Just kidding. Keep up the good work. I'm happy to find parts and program APIMs for people but screw doing the harnesses. Glad you do them!

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
(Doubt I'd use it much, seeing as I will now have carplay, but its a nice bonus.)
Smartphone-based navigation requires data (unless you're using Google Maps and you download the map data to your phone). The factory nav comes in handy if you're somewhere you can't get a data signal, or if you don't want to use data for whatever reason. With the latest Sync 3 update (V3.0) the navigation system works really well. If you have satellite radio you can also get traffic and weather on the display.

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Smartphone-based navigation requires data (unless you're using Google Maps and you download the map data to your phone). The factory nav comes in handy if you're somewhere you can't get a data signal, or if you don't want to use data for whatever reason. With the latest Sync 3 update (V3.0) the navigation system works really well. If you have satellite radio you can also get traffic and weather on the display.
"Here WeGo" is an offline navigation app.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I know of one for sale.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just to give a quick update. Coding on my GT is as complete as I can get it for now. I still have DTCs present in the APIM and FCIM. Unfortunatly the FCIM is still throwing codes relating to the solar sensors even after the ABD change posted a few pages back. APIM is throwing a code relating to "lost communication with digital audio control module D". Other then that, no other DTCs exist.

As stated before, while the ABD lines corresponded to the correct info, ABD values were vastly different. My suggestion to anyone with an 18 is to just do a data dump into the APIM of a 301a or 201a (GT or EB) and then modify data as needed. 301a and 201a vehicles did not include heated/cooled seats and alot of the other premium features so they are as close to analogs as you can get. If you are keeping the base ACM, the ABD posted previously does work.

PS: anyone know what code to replace to remove sirrus as an option from the APIM?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The DADC is the module inside of EB and GT350 ACMs that synthesizes the fake engine noise. It’s basically a DSP. Your ACM must be from a GT. You can remove Sirius but I’d have to look at my notes on how I did it. On some cars that has fixed the DADC issue as well.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The DADC is the module inside of EB and GT350 ACMs that synthesizes the fake engine noise. It’s basically a DSP. Your ACM must be from a GT. You can remove Sirius but I’d have to look at my notes on how I did it. On some cars that has fixed the DADC issue as well.
I did a data dump from a 2018 301a GT which is why I have sirius showing as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All Sync 3 APIMs came with Sirius, it was never an option to delete from the factory. The ability to hide the icon is only in there for engineering test purposes.

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
All Sync 3 APIMs came with Sirius, it was never an option to delete from the factory. The ability to hide the icon is only in there for engineering test purposes.
International versions do not have Sirius. Neither the ACM is compatible.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
International versions do not have Sirius. Neither the ACM is compatible.
I have yet to help anyone outside of the US with this. But that’s an interesting point, did you purchase one? I’d like to see the as built data from an EU vehicle. What is the issue with the ACM?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
My AsBuilt data is in the database, but only with Ford MyTouch, aka Sync2.
The ACM has no option to use Sirius or HD Radio, but only FM, AM and DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast).
It's a different hardware than in the US.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.