SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thank you. Maybe I'm a dummie but the "load some as-built files" steps is where I was stuck. I click "Load Files" and nothing happens. If I click browse it opens up file explorer, not sure what I'd do there. Maybe something happened when I installed the program and something is missing.

Anyway I should be all set thanks to HextallS550 but thought I'd mention it in case someone else has similar issues or is as computer illiterate as I am :)
The program doesn't know where you have your .ab files saved.

You have to use that browse functionality to locate the file so the program can do it's work.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=29453]RedRyan98[/MENTION]

7D0-01-01 x22x 05x2 20xx
7D0-01-02 029x 060x x2xx
7D0-02-01 5553 x6x2 xxxx
7D0-02-02 xxxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-02-03 xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx 0= Ford (Changes highlighted menu choice to different colors (Audio, Climate, Phone, Nav, Apps, Settings) from the standard blue) 1= Ford Timeless (Normal Mustang)

Leave everything else as is.
Thank you again for this. I made these updates yesterday evening and the system is working much better. Only issue I have now is that when using the navigation, it seems the car doesn't know how to say numbers. For example, instead of saying "I-91 South" or "1-84 West", it says "I South" or "I West" Any idea how to fix that?

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
I finally got around to doing the installation yesterday after gathering of all the parts. So far I have not re-programmed with the FORscan tool. I used Hextall's custom harness, a screen/APIM from a '17 Escape.

My issues are:
-steering wheel controls for audio does not work
-time does not display on main screen even after I set it in the settings
-I can't see the AC temperature or fan speed, but the AC does work and fan speed.

Will the issues be fixed after I program with FORscan?

smoke14me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Base GT A6
HEXTALLS550 Thank you for the harness I got the sync 3 swap completed today except the forscan programming. So far from just my initial trial I have not found anything that is not working yet except that I did not install the SAT antenna and my unit thinks that it is inop.

I also guess that I need to change the programming to show that I have an auto and no SAT. Your harness and this thread maid the install a simple project.

One question I do have is what is the harness used for that is labeled MSCAN?

Sponsored

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary & 50 LE
A big thank you to HextallS550 for all his help and prompt replies to get my SYNC 3 retrofit working. I couldn't have done it without all your help!:first:

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I understand that but where does it plug in at or does it?
It plugs into the connector that was previously used for GPS. You have to remove the GPS module on the top of your dash. Sync 3 uses an external GPS antenna, even if you aren't using NAV the car needs the external sensor. The vehicles telematics are reliant upon that signal.

This is an excerpt from the new instruction manual I'm working on:

21. Remove trim piece on center top of dash

gps1.jpg

22. Unplug GPS Module (GPSM.) Carefully remove metal plate from bottom of module with a wide flat blade screwdriver, panel tool or gasket scraper. Use a suitable adhesive such as double sided foam tape or similar and install the aftermarket GPS antenna onto the factory bracket. Re-install the factory bracket with aftermarket GPS antenna and plug the connector labeled MS-CAN into the now unused GPSM connector.

gps2.jpg

Last edited:

smoke14me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Base GT A6
Hex Thank You I hooked it up this morning and all is working well with my swap. I have a few lines more to update in order to get everything working 100%. I still have to get the radio to play at max volume and need to re-enable remote start. Once I get those two items done I should be fully operational.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hex Thank You I hooked it up this morning and all is working well with my swap. I have a few lines more to update in order to get everything working 100%. I still have to get the radio to play at max volume and need to re-enable remote start. Once I get those two items done I should be fully operational.

In the ACM

727-01-01 xxXx xxxx xx 0= is the internal amplifier for volume correction

You said you didn't have a SAT antenna, just clarifying you meant SAT (Sirius) if so make sure that:

727-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xx 1= Sirius 9= without Sirius

This fixes issues with phone calls, mic operation, and bluetooth operation.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.