Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Motoring the engine is how we do it on the OE side. We don’t use DynoJets. The dyno is turning the engine, not the other way around. This allows me to dial up a speed, open the throttle independent of engine speed and pull a specific mass of air to map each point. It can be done with HP Tuners and the Whipple calibration if you have the proper dyno. These guys that people label as Tuners do not.
Well sir, be ready for a visit from me to get the perfct tune if I can't get this current tune sorted out:thumbsup:
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Motoring the engine is how we do it on the OE side. We don’t use DynoJets. The dyno is turning the engine, not the other way around. This allows me to dial up a speed, open the throttle independent of engine speed and pull a specific mass of air to map each point. It can be done with HP Tuners and the Whipple calibration if you have the proper dyno. These guys that people label as Tuners do not.
Thats brilliant... verging on pimp...
Sounds like I need to go visit family in Columbus and buy you some beer n dinner.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple

Sponsored

S550Whipple12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.9l whipple
I’m on Lund I switched from whipple tune when I had a gen 2

I have a gen 3 with 150mm Tb 3.5 pulley I’m running car runs perfect on Lund

Try adding a bap should help some

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My Lund tune has been great. Car drives stock except for twice the HP. In fact my wife drives it to work most days and has yet to report any hiccups in drive ability.

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Well driveability is perfect right now but I'm having startup/ idle issues now. Mostly when I turn the A/C on. 2 revisions later and still doing it ..idle surge with A/C on.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well driveability is perfect right now but I'm having startup/ idle issues now. Mostly when I turn the A/C on. 2 revisions later and still doing it ..idle surge with A/C on.
Are you seeing that when the car is warm or just on cold start?

I get just a touch of roughness for 3 seconds or so on cold start. Nothing I've bothered to think about.

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Are you seeing that when the car is warm or just on cold start?

I get just a touch of roughness for 3 seconds or so on cold start. Nothing I've bothered to think about.
Once the car is warmed up it will happen always once the A/C is on. Sometimes it will level out for a few seconds then happen again. Soon as the A/C is off it will go away and idle will be back to perfect. There is some random times though when the car is warmed up that it will happen but will usually correct itself right away. It sucks :(

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Once the car is warmed up it will happen always once the A/C is on. Sometimes it will level out for a few seconds then happen again. Soon as the A/C is off it will go away and idle will be back to perfect. There is some random times though when the car is warmed up that it will happen but will usually correct itself right away. It sucks :(
Is this with Lund or are you still on the Whipple tune?

OP
OP
Platinum_5.0

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
It isn't Lund but it's with another well know Tuner. He is still trying to figure it out so he hasn't giving up on me yet at least...lol

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
why dont people wan to mention the name of a tuner if there is an issue. Is everyone worried about being sued?
Sponsored