Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Diff cooler is $999 from Full Tilt Boogie Racing. haven't found a trans cooler for the MT82 yet, though. Any ideas?

Also, my only wish about the brakes is that they would include 1 piece rear calipers. Other than that, they're more than enough
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Why do people think diff and trans coolers are ungodly expensive? Do they just rely on shops to do all the work? A trans cooler kit is about $600, and the diff cooler kits I have seen run around $1k. Any real track junkie would see that as next to nothing when compared to all the other costs involved with racing. The brakes are just fine for stock power levels. I wouldn't touch them unless I added a few power mods.
And unless you're at the very end of the bell curve on speed and frequency simple fluid changes regularly will be enough.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't quite say that... people overheat the diffs on these cars by just adding sticky tires (Like the Cup2s). We might see this issue with the PP2

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wouldn't quite say that... people overheat the diffs on these cars by just adding sticky tires (Like the Cup2s). We might see this issue with the PP2
So? Increase the viscosity a bit, and change frequently. Car won't go into limp mode, and it'll be fine. Again, the % of people where this wouldn't work is so small it's not worth talking about. And for them, they'll already have coolers installed.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Diff cooler is $999 from Full Tilt Boogie Racing. haven't found a trans cooler for the MT82 yet, though. Any ideas?

Also, my only wish about the brakes is that they would include 1 piece rear calipers. Other than that, they're more than enough
I would just get a GT350 trans cooler and modify the brackets and fittings as needed.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I think a PP2 will be close to a GT350 with non track pack. I don't expect the PP2 to be passing an equal driver GT350.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd guess bench racing and tread wear racing. Gt350 on mpss, pp2 on mpsc2.

Both are a zero.zero.
That's what I figured -

The "certainly" part of that statement had me wondering if this had actually been proven.

The PP2 is manual only, right? Aren't the great 1/4mi and 0-60 times for the 2018 GT based on the 10 speed auto?

If that's the case are we assuming the only difference between a GT350 and GT pp2 around the track is tires? Really?

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly bench racing, but think about it... the PP1 without magride was already within 1 second of the same driver in a GT350 on VIR. PP2 ran 3.5 seconds faster than the PP1 on grattan, which is a mile shorter than VIR. PP1 has most of the GT350 suspension components with stickier and wider tires. and rumor has it that Ford benchmarked PP2 with the GT350R. I'd guess that the car will slot right between the GT350 and GT350R, but the GT350 will definitely be more of the track-oriented car due to its brakes and cooling.

Really, why would Ford release a car to compete with the 1LE if it couldn't compete? They wouldn't. They would be paying extra manufacturing costs for an embarrassment of a car. 1LE already runs faster times than a GT350, and is somewhat close to a GT350R. That's where the PP2 needs to be competitive.

Call it made up bullshit if you want, but I see it as reasonable speculation

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mostly bench racing, but think about it... the PP1 without married was already within 1 second of the same driver in a GT350 on VIR. PP2 ran 3.5 seconds faster than the PP1 on grattan, which is a mile shorter than VIR. PP1 has most of the GT350 suspension components with stickier and wider tires. and rumor has it that Ford benchmarked PP2 with the GT350R. I'd guess that the car will slot right between the GT350 and GT350R, but the GT350 will definitely be more of the track-oriented car due to its brakes and cooling.

Really, why would Ford release a car to compete with the 1LE if it couldn't compete? They wouldn't. They would be paying extra manufacturing costs for an embarrassment of a car. 1LE already runs faster times than a GT350, and is somewhat close to a GT350R. That's where the PP2 needs to be competitive.

Call it made up bullshit if you want, but I see it as reasonable speculation
Nothing in this post is reasonable, imo.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
How so? Do you not realize that tires make a MASSIVE impact on lap times, especially when they're a sticker compound and 20mm wider? Hell, the MPSS vs MPSC2 is what makes most of the difference between GT350 and GT350R, and the R is quite a good bit faster than the standard 350. How is it unreasonable to see 2 cars that are 1 second apart, see another that's 3 seconds faster around a shorter track, and think "Yeah, that should be faster"?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
How so? Do you not realize that tires make a MASSIVE impact on lap times, especially when they're a sticker compound and 20mm wider? Hell, the MPSS vs MPSC2 is what makes most of the difference between GT350 and GT350R, and the R is quite a good bit faster than the standard 350. How is it unreasonable to see 2 cars that are 1 second apart, see another that's 3 seconds faster around a shorter track, and think "Yeah, that should be faster"?
Thanks for the education. What you're doing is the definition of bench racing.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Or, reasonable speculation. But please, if you're so confident that I'm wrong, explain why. Saying someone is wrong without any contradicting evidence is counterproductive
Sponsored