Sponsored

Group Buy: DCTMS Carbon Fiber/Leather RS550 Steering Wheel

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Any answer to the "Does the leather wheel have the finger grips across the top?" question? Thanks.
Sponsored

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Would like to get 2 steering wheels!

Both are option one....red stripe and red stitching.

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm in for Option 1

Any pictures of one with the blue stripe? I have deep impact blue. Any way that stripe can be a little thicker? Seems a little too thin.

Also, I want to match the OEM stitching color, which # is that?
I will send you a PM. The dark blue stripe is #9 on that stitching sample. The center stripe width is set at the moment. However, I will tell you the colors are much more vivid than it would be with leather. If it were wider it might be more distracting. Just my opinion from the red.

Understood on the custom colors. Would they consider adding black thread as standard? I’ll order a red center stripe on option 1 but I don’t want red thread. Thanks much
It can be done, but not at the group buy price. The production team has some pretty strict guidelines. They are ok with mixing and matching the 5 colors listed though. If you want to go with the black then it will be at the regular price for now.

Thanks for inquiring about the all-leather w/the center stripe. Too rich for my blood, but at least the option is there for those who really want it.

Question: Does the all-leather wheel also have the finger-grooves at the top of the wheel? Thanks again for putting this together.
Sorry for the delay. The leather wheel has a smooth upper grip. No dimpling

Would like to get 2 steering wheels!

Both are option one....red stripe and red stitching.
Will send you a PM brother!

IN for option 2 with red stitching
Sounds good man. PM inbound

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I am in for Option 1.
The Carbon Fiber one. I only have two questions. 1. will this fit on my ecoboost PP without any issues? Just making sure because you were talking about a GT350.
2. Can I get one without the middle stripe?

You can reach out to me at bmlad10@gmail

Thanks
I got your email info and added you to the list. Stripe delete is confirmed ok.

Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Thanks for organizing! Can you put me down for option 2 with white stitching?

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Quick Update:

Several steering wheels have already been paid for and shipped. DCTMS is going to start sending out invoices for the remaining folks in roughly 2 weeks. They want to get production rolling and then have them paid for so guys aren't out their money too long.

Those who ordered steering wheels with more than one color will see invoices a little sooner requesting a deposit. This is simply because if you back out before payment those custom colors will be difficult to offer to another customer. So watch out for those.

It looks like the group buy is going to reach its full mark pretty quick for option 1, and option 2 is not far behind. I am going to post up a link to this in the GT350 and S550 section. If It goes the way I think it will I am going to try and get DCTMS to increase the number allowed by a few, but not much.

Jeremy@Austin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2007 F-150 FX2
I will send you a PM. The dark blue stripe is #9 on that stitching sample. The center stripe width is set at the moment. However, I will tell you the colors are much more vivid than it would be with leather. If it were wider it might be more distracting. Just my opinion from the red.
Sorry, when I said OEM stitching color - I meant the silver/white stitching that's in the interior now.

To recap:
Option #1 - Dark Blue Stripe, silver/white stitching (stitching color #1 or #11 maybe?)

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the dark blue stripe :)

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Sign me up for option 2 with dark blue stitching. Thanks!

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Let me think about stitching for Option #2. Easy decision if the center strip was available on it, but too bad. I think I'll be in.
Yeah, a leather stripe would be good. In that regard, feels like a downgrade if you have a 350 already.

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Option 3?

Hi 50,

First thanks for putting this together for the community...the effort/time spent is much appreciated! Looks like a high quality product too.

Would DCTMS consider an Option 3 with CF top and bottom segments? I would be looking for this setup with red stripe at top + red stitching on the leather bits in the middle. I thought I saw a few members weigh in on liking a balanced CF look in one of these threads...maybe your build thread? If so is there a cost estimate?

Thanks again
Sponsored