Sponsored

Group Buy: DCTMS Carbon Fiber/Leather RS550 Steering Wheel

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Let me think about stitching for Option #2. Easy decision if the center strip was available on it, but too bad. I think I'll be in.
That's where I'm at too. White stitching would look killer with my White Platinum Metallic GT, but I'm worried about the white stitching discoloring with time. I don't drive with my hands full of dirt/grease, but just the natural skin oils is what concerns me.

Stupid Question: Does the all-leather wheel have the finger grips on the top edge of the wheel like the CF wheel does? I like those.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Let me think about stitching for Option #2. Easy decision if the center strip was available on it, but too bad. I think I'll be in.
I hear you man. I do agree the center stripe would be good option. I proposed the idea but they wanted to bring guys a lowest cost option for those that didn't want to spend a bunch of money. Nothing stopping you from making a custom order outside of the group buy price. Another member here already has. If you want to pursue that option let me know.

Still debating on the stitch color. Went out to the garage to check the OEM stitching on the GT PP Premium. Definitely more of a gray than white. Do you think gray could be an option on thread and stripe? Thanks
I will add an example of some of the colors provided. It looks like [MENTION=32454]DCTMS[/MENTION] had an array of choices to start from, but picked those 5 colors they felt would work best for MOST vehicles. Again I think we can get you in at gray, but it may be outside of the initial group buy price since they may not have that stitching color in stock and would have to special order it just for your wheel. I like custom though, so let me know if you want to pursue that option.

Interested in Option #2. Is this one of those deals where you have to send them your OEM steering wheel?
No core charge my friend. One of the best parts of a newly designed steering wheel :thumbsup:

Any pictures of the orange? Looks like only red showing, maybe I'm wrong.
In the pictures below you will see that dark blue is #9, and orange is #13. This should give you a clear picture of how they will look. White, yellow, and red are pictured above.

76_DE74_A5_FA19_46_F1_ABF5_70_AA3_B5_C2405.jpg

BF5_D3_E98_3_F70_436_F_BF76_EB231_AC7_AEDF.jpg

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I'm in for option 2 for sure. Only question is the stitching color. I'd be 100% sold if the white was more of a light silver/grey to match the OE interior stitching, but want to keep with the group buy pricing so I'll probably just go white anyway.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, that's why I asked about the time to get in on this. I definitely don't want the carbon option, but I did _really_ dig on the top "hashmark". I mean, I realize I can go direct purchase, but this GP is killer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Still debating on the stitch color. Went out to the garage to check the OEM stitching on the GT PP Premium. Definitely more of a gray than white. Do you think gray could be an option on thread and stripe? Thanks
That's where I'm at too. White stitching would look killer with my White Platinum Metallic GT, but I'm worried about the white stitching discoloring with time. I don't drive with my hands full of dirt/grease, but just the natural skin oils is what concerns me.

Stupid Question: Does the all-leather wheel have the finger grips on the top edge of the wheel like the CF wheel does? I like those.
Here is the deal on the custom color option and center stripe...

The production team has been testing the center stripe leather template for the all leather wheel. Final tweaks should be done soon. I can place an order for the all leather wheel in a different color, or with the center stripe at a cost of $449 with free shipping. If that doesn’t get you happy I don’t know what will ;)

I'm in for option 2 for sure. Only question is the stitching color. I'd be 100% sold if the white was more of a light silver/grey to match the OE interior stitching, but want to keep with the group buy pricing so I'll probably just go white anyway.
I will send you a PM so you can reply back when you decide. We can do a custom color, but it will be at the $449 price point

How long do we have to commit to an order?
Just until we reach our 20 mark. I will talk to DCTMS about extending it to 30 as I need to post this info in the GT350 section as well. Can’t guarantee it will happen though. They are sending out invoices as I populate the spreadsheet.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks for inquiring about the all-leather w/the center stripe. Too rich for my blood, but at least the option is there for those who really want it.

Question: Does the all-leather wheel also have the finger-grooves at the top of the wheel? Thanks again for putting this together.

bmlad10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Ecoboost Mustang Guard
I am in for Option 1.
The Carbon Fiber one. I only have two questions. 1. will this fit on my ecoboost PP without any issues? Just making sure because you were talking about a GT350.
2. Can I get one without the middle stripe?

You can reach out to me at bmlad10@gmail

Thanks

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks for inquiring about the all-leather w/the center stripe. Too rich for my blood, but at least the option is there for those who really want it.

Question: Does the all-leather wheel also have the finger-grooves at the top of the wheel? Thanks again for putting this together.
Will have an answer for you on that momentarily
I am in for Option 1.
The Carbon Fiber one. I only have two questions. 1. will this fit on my ecoboost PP without any issues? Just making sure because you were talking about a GT350.
2. Can I get one without the middle stripe?

You can reach out to me at bmlad10@gmail

Thanks
Got you covered. I will send an email to you for the info and have them delete the stripe. It will fit all S550 models no problems.

Last edited:

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
$100for the center stripe on the all leather wheel ($450 vs $350)? Seriously?
In that case I’m in for option 2,red stitching, NO stripe (unless you can get them to come down on that $100 option).
Thanks for putting this GB together!

Sponsored

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Here is the deal on the custom color option and center stripe...

The production team has been testing the center stripe leather template for the all leather wheel. Final tweaks should be done soon. I can place an order for the all leather wheel in a different color, or with the center stripe at a cost of $449 with free shipping. If that doesn’t get you happy I don’t know what will ;)

I will send you a PM so you can reply back when you decide. We can do a custom color, but it will be at the $449 price point

Understood on the custom colors. Would they consider adding black thread as standard? I’ll order a red center stripe on option 1 but I don’t want red thread. Than

Just until we reach our 20 mark. I will talk to DCTMS about extending it to 30 as I need to post this info in the GT350 section as well. Can’t guarantee it will happen though. They are sending out invoices as I populate the spreadsheet.
Understood on the custom colors. Would they consider adding black thread as standard? I’ll order a red center stripe on option 1 but I don’t want red thread. Thanks much

jasduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package PP-3
I'm in for option 1. White stitching, red stripe.

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Really can't make up my mind for the stitching on option 2. Have black "leather" with the off white (?) stitching on seats and door panels. White stitching on the wheel would be kinda blah, red wouldn't really fit in (nothing else red in the car really). I like blue but also not really fitting in. Dunno what to do...

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
$100for the center stripe on the all leather wheel ($450 vs $350)? Seriously?
In that case I’m in for option 2,red stitching, NO stripe (unless you can get them to come down on that $100 option).
Thanks for putting this GB together!
Its not so much they are charging extra, just they are asking the full retail price for it. The price break comes from volume and amortizing the cost. They have a lot of good options so I understand where you are coming from.

Understood on the custom colors. Would they consider adding black thread as standard? I’ll order a red center stripe on option 1 but I don’t want red thread. Thanks much
I will inquire for you brother

I'm in for option 1. White stitching, red stripe.
PM sent!

Really can't make up my mind for the stitching on option 2. Have black "leather" with the off white (?) stitching on seats and door panels. White stitching on the wheel would be kinda blah, red wouldn't really fit in (nothing else red in the car really). I like blue but also not really fitting in. Dunno what to do...
That is the problem with having too many choices. Its a good problem for sure

Jeremy@Austin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2007 F-150 FX2
I'm in for Option 1

Any pictures of one with the blue stripe? I have deep impact blue. Any way that stripe can be a little thicker? Seems a little too thin.

Also, I want to match the OEM stitching color, which # is that?
Sponsored