73mm bbk throttle body upgrade!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
So if I get the larger throttle body I would still be able to use a CAI that fits our V6’s? No modifications?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Steve it'll depend on if you mean the BBK or the one Fuse mentioned above. Here is a current link for the one Fuse got. That one should work without any issues for the stock intake and any CAIs designed for the V6.

For other ones you may need a bigger pipe or just an adapter piece to get it to fit on without an issue.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well I went ahead and ordered it tonight with the 20% off eBay coupon code (PSPRING20 - expires tonight), came out even cheaper than the discount he had going on last month so I'm glad I waited, don't expect it to go any lower.

Sponsored

Austin552

Long member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic V6, 1968 White 5.0
Well I went ahead and ordered it tonight with the 20% off eBay coupon code (PSPRING20 - expires tonight), came out even cheaper than the discount he had going on last month so I'm glad I waited, don't expect it to go any lower.
I also ordered one. Are you upgrading your tune after installing?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't put on the tune yet, I just have it and the tuner bought. I'm thinking I'll hold off on flashing until I get closer to the end of my regular warranty because I did purchase an extended warranty when I bought the car and don't want that to be a complete waste.

At least with the throttle body it should be an easy swap out if something goes wrong and I can take it to the dealership.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Gig's Performance ported TB because it came out to $223 shipped, I think that's what Austin552 was saying he got as well but not sure.

I went ported over BBK or GT because I wanted it to be a direct fit swap without needing to do any other adjustments like a CAI or different tubing/adapter plates. Looking forward to it getting here before next weekend, hopefully I have time to put it in.

I haven't looked at the stock one yet, but what tools did you need for the swap [MENTION=22989]Fuse[/MENTION]? Just want to make sure I'm prepared...

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
You just need a 8mm socket, I think that was the size. If you have a standard socket set you should be good.

I just wasn't sure since we are in the BBK thread.

Sponsored

Austin552

Long member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic V6, 1968 White 5.0
I got the Gig's Performance ported TB because it came out to $223 shipped, I think that's what Austin552 was saying he got as well but not sure.
Yes I ordered Gig’s and will upgrade my tune.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Yes I ordered Gig’s and will upgrade my tune.
Have you done anything else besides the ported TB? I've had mine for a while now and have yet to update my tune. Not sure if I'll see any benefits without getting the intake manifolds ported and such.

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Have you done anything else besides the ported TB? I've had mine for a while now and have yet to update my tune. Not sure if I'll see any benefits with getting the intake manifolds ported and such.
Ported upper and lower have shown to be one of the bigger gains on the dyno. I'm trying to get mine dyno'd shortly so I can see what I gain with the ported upper and lower intake.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I made a typo there. It should read: without getting the intake manifolds ported...
I've made corrections.
[MENTION=32548]ctandc72[/MENTION] But yes I am curious to see what kind of gains you get.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to those results as well. Turning in to a good model to get information on the different bolt-ons available and from vendors still providing them for the 3.7 which it seems like a number have stopped doing.
Sponsored