NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Michael J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; PP; Power Pack; Magnetic;
FWIW Ford's instruction are to have the engine running, but since that didn't make a lot of sense to me, I never started the engine. I guess doing it my way might cause a problem if the car has some time out that kicked in before the update was done. But this update was pretty fast. I didn't time it but am pretty sure it took less than 3 songs to play off the other USB I had plugged in.
It's funny, I think you are the first to mention this. All the sites I read no one questioned why you needed to have the engine running. I figured it had to do with the fact that the accessory mode draws a lot of power and if the voltage drops below a certain level it can wreak havoc with the program. I learned that using Forscan; the car would automatically shut Forscan down if the voltage dropped too low. So, I hooked up my battery charger and the update worked fine.
Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
its the ios update, my friend also did the 11.2.5 update and carplay stopped working, it would crash and black out, he had 2.3, he installed the 3.0 and it fixed the problem
I got bitten by that one. iOS 11.2.5 broke it and 11.3 is supposed to fix it. When I plug my iPhone into the USB and selected USB or Bluetooth it would not connect. If I start playing through Bluetooth and then plug it into the USB, it will work until I select a different source.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Guys, where is the v3.0 software download link? I've read through a few pages back and the first one... but I don't see a link. Can anyone pm me with one, please?

Thank you!

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This might be a dumb question. I have a 2015 car that I did the sync 3 swap from a 2016 car. So can I use the 2016 download to update or can I not update?

Sponsored

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
This might be a dumb question. I have a 2015 car that I did the sync 3 swap from a 2016 car. So can I use the 2016 download to update or can I not update?
Yes you can definitely use this update, I have a 2013 with a 2017 car sync 3 system and all I can do is update with these files via USB

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Guys, where is the v3.0 software download link? I've read through a few pages back and the first one... but I don't see a link. Can anyone pm me with one, please?

Thank you!
Pretty sure you need to log into owner.ford.com to get the files.

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge

Thank you!
The link you are talking about isn’t on here anymore as it’s unofficial and Ford has been cracking down on leaked update files, you’ll have to google it and maybe find it on a forum that ford hadn’t caught the link on yet.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
the only way you guys can get 3.0 is through one of the leaked ones floating around

Last night came across the 10inch SYNC3 screen holy macro thats huge!
2222.PNG

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
The update version he is looking for isn’t out yet and will not show up on the site. 2.3 is the latest on the site.
The site knows I have a 2015, so it will only let me access MFT updates, even tho my vin is in my sync3 system. I guess you have to have someone else's account to download it from. I have tried using wifi updates, but it just sits there searching, and never finding any, not even 2.3.

It sucks that Ford won't let us download updates, when all the parts are Ford parts, legitimately purchased. I would even pay a reasonable price for the download. So much for customer after the sale service. :headbonk:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
the only way you guys can get 3.0 is through one of the leaked ones floating around

Last night came across the 10inch SYNC3 screen holy macro thats huge!
I need to get my hands on one of those so I can do some fiberglass and epoxy work. :headbang:

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Can someone just correct me if I'm wrong.
I've managed to get my hands on Ver3.0 Build 18025, and I'm trying to decipher the language from the site I got it from, but from what I can understand all I need to do unzip the downloaded file to an empty FAT32 formatted 8GB USB flash drive, and then go and plug it in to the car, and wait for everything to do its thing?

The files on the drive are supposed to look like the attached picture and I'm good to go no?
up344003-sshot_1.jpg
Sponsored