Sponsored

So it is my 41st Birthday today...

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
Nice car and a great story! Bet that car stays in the family awhile!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all. My wife was laughing at me last night. We went down to East Portland to look at a used Expedition to use for towing. We took our 2002 Explorer because I felt that negotiating price with a brand new Mustang GT sitting there would ruin my credibility. On the way home we talked about taking our kids to get frozen yogurt for dessert. Then she realized that I was driving 5 miles past the yogurt place to get the Mustang to drive back to the yogurt place. When she asked me if that was what I was doing I just looked at her with a straight face and said "well, yeah!" The Mustang Fever runs strong in this one. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Also my wife took a video of my car crazy 10yo Cameron as he got out of school and realized that we had picked up the car, will post it once I get it downloaded from her phone. He was jumping and running toward it like a gazelle and literally lept into the back seat without moving the driver's seat forward! Still not sure how he accomplished that. :)

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Lucky lucky man. Sweet looking ride and a pretty woman by your side. ;) Congratulations on finally taking delivery!

RipShift2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Great story! Grats on the slick new ride.

Sponsored

Stanginva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also my wife took a video of my car crazy 10yo Cameron as he got out of school and realized that we had picked up the car, will post it once I get it downloaded from her phone. He was jumping and running toward it like a gazelle and literally lept into the back seat without moving the driver's seat forward! Still not sure how he accomplished that. :)
Congrats on finally receiving your car. I can't wait till my son is old enough to enjoy cars. Hopefully he takes to them like i did

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Everyone on this forum has a beautiful car, including you. Not everyone has such a wonderful and supporting wife. You are blessed! I know that, because I am equally blessed. My wife was the most enthusiastic supporter of my Mustang order last summer. I was so tempted to be frugal and "responsible" and not order what I really wanted. She about beat me over that, and I ended up ordering a much nicer car than I would have all by myself. She loves that I did it, and has never whimpered about the cost. I love that woman for a thousand reasons, this is just one of them.

Cars are great, and we enjoy the great ones. However, great wives make for great lives!

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Everyone on this forum has a beautiful car, including you. Not everyone has such a wonderful and supporting wife. You are blessed! I know that, because I am equally blessed. My wife was the most enthusiastic supporter of my Mustang order last summer. I was so tempted to be frugal and "responsible" and not order what I really wanted. She about beat me over that, and I ended up ordering a much nicer car than I would have all by myself. She loves that I did it, and has never whimpered about the cost. I love that woman for a thousand reasons, this is just one of them.

Cars are great, and we enjoy the great ones. However, great wives make for great lives!
So true my friend! My wife drove the car home today from dinner, when she was going up the on-ramp she gave it a little extra in 2nd and shifted into 3rd and gave it a little again. Once on the freeway, with a child like grin, she said "OK, now I get it. And I even get why you insisted on the manual! I am really tempted to take every off-ramp on the way home, just so I can take the on-ramps again!" I love that woman... :) :headbang:

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Man, hard to believe it has been three years since my Mustang was ordered! Greatest B-Day present ever! :D
Sponsored