Tech Pack Lawsuit

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not necessarily directed towards you Jeff, just the whole "all of a sudden" somebody resurrects a lot of deep division within our community.

Them were some painful times and I don't think fondly upon them.
I do understand. There are 2 camps and each has what they feel is great evidence as to why they are right. Can't we all just get along?

IBTL!
Sponsored

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Latest email:

https://portal.hbsslaw.com/#/case/58c0809cf5609a0070f40a9a/message/5a823a2bf8dae000018f7675/

All,

Here is an update to the Shelby lawsuit:

Last week, Judge Moreno granted us permission to file a Second Amended Complaint in the Shelby lawsuit. As such we are currently looking for individuals who may wish to serve as a class representative.

A class representative serves as a proxy for all other Shelby Mustang owners who are similarly affected and situated in your home state. A class representative is listed as a plaintiff in the lawsuit and your name and experience with your Shelby Mustang would be included within the Second Amended Complaint. A class representative typically has the following responsibilities: (1) collect and maintain documents, e-mails and social media postings relating to your vehicle and your interest in racing/race tracks to produce to Ford Motor Company; (2) agree to participate in a deposition where you answer questions under oath from Ford's lawyers mostly relating to the purchase and use of your Shelby (our attorneys would help you prepare and would represent you during the deposition); (3) review key pleadings and work cooperatively with the attorneys on this case; and (4) maintain contact by responding to attorney emails and phone calls in a reasonable amount of time.

This is no cost to you associated with becoming a class representative. Sometimes at the end of the case, the judge may order a service award to class representatives in recognition of the effort involved in being an effective and cooperative class representative. However, we cannot guarantee that the judge will do so in this case or estimate how much the service award will be. The vast majority of the time, the main motivation for class members who choose to become class representatives in a lawsuit is that they want to personally hold Ford accountable and want to make a tangible difference in this case by representing similarly-affected owners in their home state.

It is highly unlikely you would have to travel anywhere for this case. The deposition usually takes place within 50 miles of where you live, often at a law office in your town or city. You are also welcome to mail or scan to us any relevant documents and communicate with us via e-mail or phone It is also unlikely that you would have to take time off work to be a class representative.

If you wish to learn more about being a class representative or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me, Catherine Gannon, at [email protected] and we can discuss further as to whether being a class representative in this case is a good fit for your particular situation.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I would rather spend my time completing my transmission & differential cooler installation than following up with this fiasco. . . . but that's just me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All right since everyone is posting off topic in here I will post my own. I'm over it and I don't really care what happens with the law suit. I'm just hoping we get some spring/summer weather soon so I can take my car to the track. It was 5 degrees this morning and it's supposed to snow more this afternoon into tomorrow. Now that I have purchased and installed all the track pack gear and my tech pack stuff is stacked in the corner of my garage I'm good to go. Just a little diff sensor wiring is left and that should only take me a few hours.

So feel free to continue trolling me to your heart's content. I don't feel the need to fight about it any more. :cheers: :ford:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All right since everyone is posting off topic in here I will post my own. I'm over it and I don't really care what happens with the law suit. I'm just hoping we get some spring/summer weather soon so I can take my car to the track. It was 5 degrees this morning and it's supposed to snow more this afternoon into tomorrow. Now that I have purchased and installed all the track pack gear and my tech pack stuff is stacked in the corner of my garage I'm good to go. Just a little diff sensor wiring is left and that should only take me a few hours.

So feel free to continue trolling me to your heart's content. I don't feel the need to fight about it any more. :cheers: :ford:
Aye...? I thought you had a TP car. But regardless, Borat high five about Spring.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

Nice to see nothing has really changed here. ;) You've got the same people who think they are moderator/forum sheriffs and the same people that supposedly don't care/shouldn't care about the issue posting in here.

Any way, I'm with you and am looking forward to the Summer track season. Did you see SCCA is going to have 4 nights at DCTC this year? Hopefully I see you out there again!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice to see nothing has really changed here. ;) You've got the same people who think they are moderator/forum sheriffs and the same people that supposedly don't care/shouldn't care about the issue posting in here.

Any way, I'm with you and am looking forward to the Summer track season. Did you see SCCA is going to have 4 nights at DCTC this year? Hopefully I see you out there again!
Honestly I think he was just being facetious.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Having read the original suit, I always though it strange, perhaps incompetent that 50% of the "false advertisements" they highlight show a regular GT.
law-1.JPG
law-2.JPG

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

It was fun last time - reasonable as well and close to home. The SCCA does a great job putting on an event. Thanks for mentioning it.

Honestly I think he was just being facetious.
I have to admit it still does sting a little, but having spent all my fun money on upgrading my car to function at the track last year, this year I should be able to get a bunch more seat time. It should be a blast.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Wow.

So many feelings being hurt in this (and apparently the other) thread.

If you bought a car that was advertised as ready for the track and it had a "tech package" when other variants of the car had a "track package" and you expected your car to perform the same as the other one, then I think that's silly.

Tech package cars can and do tackle the track, they just can't run as long and as hard as track package cars.

I couldn't care less about Ford's bean counters - I just think it's silly to sue a manufacturer because you decided to buy a variant of a vehicle that was blatantly less track worthy than another variant and that disappointed you.

There's no need to agree or disagree with my thoughts. They are my own.
Without a huge amount of research prior to a 2016 new car that had little history, the Tech Pack I bought seemed to be only the electronics package was the difference. Cooling or lack of would be the last thing on someone's mind when Ford advertised GT350 as a track car. The Track Pack had a crappy POS stereo and Recaro seats(which I do like), and I wanted the "cooler" seats and nicer stereo. So to insult one's intelligence when it only amounted to preferences is a little below the belt.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
40. Importantly, Ford never distinguished between trim levels when representing that all Shelby GT350 Mustangs were "Track Ready."
Never? This 'representation' mentions the word Track three times. Twice for R models and once for a Track Pack. The Tech pack is depicted as a "smart, sophisticated performer" here.

2016-shelby-gt350-options-specs_7828.jpg

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Never? This 'representation' mentions the word Track three times. Twice for R models and once for a Track Pack. The Tech pack is depicted as a "smart, sophisticated performer" here.

2016-shelby-gt350-options-specs_7828.jpg
It does show the models to be sure, but I bet if Ford would have advertised "No Coolers" in the Tech Pack, no one would have bought it.

Plus, Ford wasted money on the cost of R&D and up keeping two different transmissions and other parts when it would have been cheaper to just have one. And the tooling for two different assembly methods.
Sponsored